What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter camping in PA! 12-18 inches of snow predicted in the next 12 hours.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the setup. I’ll be sure to make sure snow doesn’t build up on the awning and side tent roofs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a "cool" storm is heading your way ! The after storm pics are going to picture perfect, enjoy..:)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a "cool" storm is heading your way ! The after storm pics are going to picture perfect, enjoy..:)
I’ll post some up. The snow will be starting here within the hour and will be continuous until about 6 am tomorrow. Should be interesting!! I’m camped at an electric site so am toasty warm inside the camper.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be nice.. Do you have any Kahlua for the coffee? :) Do you have some firewood there?
Yes on the firewood. I have it stored under the trailer to keep it dry. No Kahlua though! It’s ok. We are grilling sirloin steak for lunch and the snow storm has begun! :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally snowing.
looks like the really tiny flakes too.
that means the accumulations will be light and fluffy.
I like that.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got an inch, then it turned to rain. Raining its butt off now and 35°. In other words, it's about to turn really ugly.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh you right, wrote that at 5:30. I cant read

Well, it is a KJ forum, so it's an easy assumption. It's not always obvious to read Sig lines.

I'm a hold over from when I had a Libby; like a stray doggy that just won't stay away, lol.

=Word on the WK2 is the transfer case is shot. (at 95k) Getting rebuilt this week.
I didn't have to do that in the KJ until almost 160k.
In the XJ we did it at 235k
....seems I'm going in the wrong direction...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got maybe 6 all total.

biggest problem: I lost heat at hour 3 of 9.5. blower works on all speeds. I can feel a touch of heat coming from the dash vents, but not the floor. I can hear the vacuum lines doing their thing for the selector, but I have an itching suspicion the blend valve has took a crap, and taken something else with it. About the same time I lost heat, I also smelled "wedding soup" in the jeep.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

eta: jeep wasn't overheating either.
even with the fan turned up to high (4) I could hear the blower going like mad, but no substantial air flow as coming out of the vents.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Fighting the front driveshaft bolts at the transfer case and needed a break. Knocked this shelf out in about 45 minutes. It's going to be a real nice addition. I can see my mini-mutt sitting back there while traveling.

As far as the driveshaft bolts? I'mma break out the big Snap-on air whammer and fire up the compressor. They will come out. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: it's working now.

had to drive to the dentist, and on the way it started to overheat (!!!) got the temps back down to normal, and decided to try again with the controls on the way home. #$)#($ works now.

Slugger103

Reaction score
Fighting the front driveshaft bolts at the transfer case and needed a break. Knocked this shelf out in about 45 minutes. It's going to be a real nice addition. I can see my mini-mutt sitting back there while traveling.

As far as the driveshaft bolts? I'mma break out the big Snap-on air whammer and fire up the compressor. They will come out. :D

Haha...just finished fighting with mine! I feel your pain. Transfer-side bolts were a big pain in the ****. Anywho, I got the front driveshaft installed and test run was good.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter camping update:

Most of the heavy snow came before midnight.

The height of snow on the tongue box was probably double by morning. After midnight, we got sleet and high winds.

In the morning the snow had drifted to 2 feet in some areas and eroded to 6 inches in others. I guess we got about a foot.

I went out to sweep the tent roof and the awning several times in the night. The side tent was fine. The tarp I have over the trailer’s rear door sagged quite a bit under the weight.

Enjoying the day today. Got to go for a sightseeing drive, get a yummy hoagie from a local place for lunch, and enjoy the quiet of the afternoon back at the campsite.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score

"I wasn't asking" didn't work. No room to really move in with the Saggy Girl* on the ground. Tomorrow, I'll be starting in the rear, installing springs/shocks and accessories. Move to the front, put it on jackstands for more room and go at it seriously. Once the shaft is out, new shocks, springs and accessories up front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only 5.5-6 inches of snow
so spent about 4 hours in a Bobcat T650 skid steer chasing snow around :)
Thankfully the heater works great so just enjoyed riding around in it at work , then left for the day ;)

Latest posts

Members online