What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's one other place in town, but I've heard plenty of negative things about that one as well.

Last time I took the KJ to this place they did a great job, but this time...
Dropped it off, and when I went to pick it up the next day they told me that when they went to adjust the tie rods, they found one of the inner tie rods was slightly loose, so they couldn't do the alignment. Really, you couldn't pick up the phone and ask me if it was okay to spend two minutes on tightening the inner tie rod?

I fixed the inner tie rod, took it back in, and got the KJ back with a crooked steering wheel, a tie rod boot that was completely twisted around several times (no idea what they even did here), and this issues with the LCA bolts.

Great shop for sure ! :happy175:
Amazing how some places stay in business .

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one other place in town, but I've heard plenty of negative things about that one as well.

Last time I took the KJ to this place they did a great job, but this time...
Dropped it off, and when I went to pick it up the next day they told me that when they went to adjust the tie rods, they found one of the inner tie rods was slightly loose, so they couldn't do the alignment. Really, you couldn't pick up the phone and ask me if it was okay to spend two minutes on tightening the inner tie rod?

I fixed the inner tie rod, took it back in, and got the KJ back with a crooked steering wheel, a tie rod boot that was completely twisted around several times (no idea what they even did here), and this issues with the LCA bolts.

Sounds like the work experience kid was assigned to work on your Jeep..

gfmadden330

Reaction score
Well, found a parts jeep in the local junk yard, managed to get the front driveshaft, ******, rims, doors, some interior parts and some exterior parts as spare, but I decided to start to mock up some "angry eyes" on the grille I got, but I've decided to more or less make the entire front look different, as soon as the girlfriend gets home I'll be able to somewhat mock up what the center of the grille will look like. I'll post pictures of anyone interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Laz

Reaction score
Well, found a parts jeep in the local junk yard, managed to get the front driveshaft, ******, rims, doors, some interior parts and some exterior parts as spare, but I decided to start to mock up some "angry eyes" on the grille I got, but I've decided to more or less make the entire front look different, as soon as the girlfriend gets home I'll be able to somewhat mock up what the center of the grille will look like. I'll post pictures of anyone interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Interested

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im telling ya the jeep wrangler is the AR15 of the jeep line up.... loaded to the gills with usless crap these days

oh and I decided to lift the 03 today. JBA got my order 30 minutes ago...

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im telling ya the jeep wrangler is the AR15 of the jeep line up.... loaded to the gills with usless crap these days

oh and I decided to lift the 03 today. JBA got my order 30 minutes ago...

hey i like my ARs. but i also dont put stuff on them that serves no purpose.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any tips for cleaning up the front diff while i have it sitting in my garage? new seals and bearings of course

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and I wanted to kill the last person who put the oil filter one. I don't get why people insist on over tightening them.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and I wanted to kill the last person who put the oil filter one. I don't get why people insist on over tightening them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirby’s kompound again today
Facebook page says there is one more event left this year. Gonna try to get both Jeeps there

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score

Some don't know not to put a wrench on them.

On the worst I've driven a big enough philips screwdriver through them near the threaded end for leverage. Poking a drain hole in the filter can make it less messy.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This is now how kids learn LOL..
61885[/ATTACH]"]

Don't be Homer ! :gr_grin:
There is a solution to tight oil filters tho...
61887[/ATTACH]"]

:favorites13:

Attachments

• 4bJfS83.gif
    4bJfS83.gif
    152.3 KB · Views: 0
  • JhnCvBT.jpg
    JhnCvBT.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online