What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A good paint job on the hood makes all the difference:

You must be registered for see images attach

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A caliper bolt fell out of my front right caliper today while in a Terrible part of town. Caused the wheel to lock up and the tire to blow. Limped it dragging the front wheel into a gas station and got it towed home.

Now waiting for a new bolt from AutoZone.
also going to go ahead and replace those pads and rotor because I can't imagine they were unaffected. Hoping my CV joints and axles were not also murdered in the process but I guess we will see

Good times...Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scored a roof rack and crossbars for 70 bucks......Need paint and good to go!

Not sure if crossbars will work yet (Off Cherokee) but no matter, still great deal.

Jim

gfmadden330

Reaction score
Finally did the passanger side CV axle... better but still makes a chain rattling type sound, very faint, and now there is a distinct clunk sound over bumps...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took first place for the Liberty class at Jeep Luaua

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Finally did the passanger side CV axle... better but still makes a chain rattling type sound, very faint, and now there is a distinct clunk sound over bumps...

Motor mounts maybe? Not sure if they're the same as the diesel. I replaced mine even though they look fine and one rattles when shaken.

gfmadden330

Reaction score
Well, checked all the fluids, just had an oil change done last week, and it's about 3 quarts low... any ideas?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oil filter tight? Double gasket by chance?

Has to be something like that, if it wasn't doing that before the oil change.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn't do the oil change yourself, did you check it right after? If not then you may want to check it right after if whoever did it this time does it the next time... ;)

Maybe they don't count so well.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drain bolt not on tight? Had that happen the last time someone else did my oil change.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Worked on an 04 KJ today, replaced all springs / shocks/ UCAs , sway bar bushings, all with stock parts .
Then found the LBJs ready to fall out
I only had one in stock so started searching around and found a pair 45 miles away. Asked the customer if he would go get them, nope was sitting on his porch and wasn't going anywhere. So I tell him if he pays for gas I'll pick them up, trying to be a nice guy.
When he pays , he just gives me what we had agreed on beforehand. I said what about the ball joints/ the labor to install them and going after them. He argued on prices/ how long it took/ etc. Finally paid all except gas, he said that was on me, since it was my fault I had to drive so far. :emotions34::emotions34::emotions34::Insane:
Now I think he forgot his front driveshaft needs rebuilt and he told me to take it out and go ahead and repair it. Seems he may just be paying a bit more for parts :happy175:
Oh well made some extra $$$$$ anyways, but some people :emotions34:

gfmadden330

Reaction score
I didn't check the oil after, which I should of done... but looking at the drain plug, there is something wrong, I'll take a picture when I get outside, it looks like it got stripped, and someone messed with it to get it back together.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't check the oil after, which I should of done... but looking at the drain plug, there is something wrong, I'll take a picture when I get outside, it looks like it got stripped, and someone messed with it to get it back together.
Bet they used an air wrench, got it started crooked, then hoped it wouldn't all leak out until you were long gone.

Any spots in your garage or driveway?

gfmadden330

Reaction score
No oil spots that I noticed, but I park on dirt/gravel/grass, so I haven't really checked, I will now though... here's a picture of what the plug looks like...

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd try and clean the oil pain up really good so you can tell if it is leaking.

Is it holding the oil since you topped it off?

gfmadden330

Reaction score
I haven't driven it since, but it hasn't leaked on the pavement yet.. I will clean it up this evening and check it tomorrow after work.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That definitely ain't right. Looks like someone tried to put some kind of sealant on it. A bit rusty around the edge there too.