What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was the get ready for summer day. A/C needed new hose, rear window regulators replaced (again), all fluids check, tire rotation, oil change. Happy travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since when is there a surcharge in NJ of $5 a day for Domestic Security? What the hell does it even do?

I rented a car in Dallas a couple of months ago, and after the sports facility surcharge and multiple other fees the cost was nearly triple the daily rental rate. :favorites68:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate tire stopping.
More specifically I hate that the only place that has the tires I want (Hankook R-S4 Z232) is Tire Rack. My preferred go-to local shop can't get 'em for some reason. Going to hit up the local "recommended installer" and see if they'll put together a package deal.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I replaced my coolant reservoir and topped it a few times it’s been great. None of the plastic nipples are cracked or leaking
However today it was empty ? No signs of leaks ... odd. Filled it up again..

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate tire stopping.
More specifically I hate that the only place that has the tires I want (Hankook R-S4 Z232) is Tire Rack. My preferred go-to local shop can't get 'em for some reason. Going to hit up the local "recommended installer" and see if they'll put together a package deal.

I love Tire Rack. There's a warehouse in Newark, DE and I get them next day, shipped to the tire place at the other end of my business park and they install them. It's awesome...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to shop local whenever possible, since they're usually competitive price wise, and there's never a hassle using the road hazard warranty they provide... something the wife was using extensively a couple years back.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have anywhere to paint my hood so I built a foldable paint booth. Worked out great. Was able to hang the hood and didn't have to worry about wind, dirt, dust, etc.

What's great is it is hot in there so the paint is drying super quick. It's 86° outside and probably 100° inside the booth.

One of the legit harbor frieght items is their $10 paint gun. Everytime they have the coupon I grab a couple of them.

Tomorrow and Saturday is the Jeep Luau on Point Pleasant (NJ) beach so I wanted the hood painted for it.

First time painting a body panel so we'll see how it turns out.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still need to buff/wax it but I'll wait a few days. Did 2 coats of color, and 3 clear.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the alternator, tensioner and belt. then discovered i cant get the rear glass to close. the latch seems to be to far back all of the sudden. i had to have my wife push the glass while i pulled on the catch to latch the glass. any ideas what could suddenly be the issue?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
replaced the alternator, tensioner and belt. then discovered i cant get the rear glass to close. the latch seems to be to far back all of the sudden. i had to have my wife push the glass while i pulled on the catch to latch the glass. any ideas what could suddenly be the issue?

Try the key/fob to open the window, that might release the latch so the window can be closed.

Also try opening the door handle slowly and listen for any noises at the latch. The handle trips a microswitch in the handle travel before it disengages the latch. The switch gets wet, rusty, dead.

Low, dying battery can make the window open and do other strange things. Check the fuses, whisper a mantra, say a different prayer, call for pizza, whatever works....

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Working on repainting the fenders and bumpers. Did the front bumper. Front flares and grille tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This happened the last time I replaced the battery. I was able to fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. It's a weird thing because I have definitely had the battery disconnected since then and it didn't do it again.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened the last time I replaced the battery. I was able to fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. It's a weird thing because I have definitely had the battery disconnected since then and it didn't do it again.

maybe that was part of the issue cause all i did when doing the alternator swap was disconnect the negative terminal.

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - I had not noticed that! :happy175:

Thank you both! I like trying out weird stuff like that. I would really like to replace all the badges with vintage ones but they are surprisingly expensive