What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyinOrange

Reaction score
Looks great, really nicely detailed, like new!
I always notice a red KJ...I have one too ha ha..
60297[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I was surprised by the condition given the mileage - 215k kms and that it was from one of the used lots along K.George Hwy in Surrey. Crawled underneath expecting spray paint and rust through, instead a light dusting of surface rust in a few spots. Had Wrench Patrol spend an hour inspecting and driving it - they gave it a thumbs up.

I will need to address the front pinion seal and the windows are acting up in classic Liberty fashion, otherwise seems like a hidden gem (dealer doesn't put alot of effort into marketing compared to most).

Attachments

• 9kV9PxI.jpg
    9kV9PxI.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Man I'd love to find one of those. Is it 1:18 scale?

TPMS light came on today and the passenger front tire was low by 6 lbs. Weird, just aired them up last weekend.
Yes HJ it is a 1:18 scale, MotorTrend 50th anniversary (Matchbox) was avail in red or black.
Check the offending rim/tire for leaks, make sure the valve stem is tight..
When it gets colder outside the tires loose some too, check em all...:gr_grin:

Travo003

Reaction score
Looking to lift my Jeep (need help)

Just bought a 2007 limited kj and wanted to put 245/75/r16's on it. Do you guys think a 2" bds suspension lift will do the job? Also wanted to do something with the fenders, but don't see many options. All suggestions and tips are appreciated thanks guys

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2007 limited kj and wanted to put 245/75/r16's on it. Do you guys think a 2" bds suspension lift will do the job? Also wanted to do something with the fenders, but don't see many options. All suggestions and tips are appreciated thanks guys

For 245-75-16s need a little more lift, at least 2.5
BDS, NO NO NO what you get is 4 springs basically, rear shocks are junk and no front shocks
OME 927s front with OME 948s rear, gives you 2.5 inches of lift
Bilstein shocks , front same as stock, rear shocks go for ones with the height you want
plus front and rear bumpstops , teraflex front, 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down in the rear done, ABOUT 750 BUCKS
Plus then you'll lose power and mileage , I run same size on one of mine ( height wise ) and run 4.10s, does great
BY THE WAY WE DO HAVE A LIFT SECTION
FLARES ARE WHAT YOU GET FROM THE FACTORY no aftermarket

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Yesterday)

Used it to pick up a metric buttload of firewood and some wood pellets. Tested my pellet stove for the first time and smoked the place out. Wish I had had a few hams hanging in my great room as they would be halfway cured by now. :emotions34:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 245-75-16s need a little more lift, at least 2.5
BDS, NO NO NO what you get is 4 springs basically, rear shocks are junk and no front shocks
OME 927s front with OME 948s rear, gives you 2.5 inches of lift
Bilstein shocks , front same as stock, rear shocks go for ones with the height you want
plus front and rear bumpstops , teraflex front, 2 hockey pucks per side bolted down in the rear done, ABOUT 750 BUCKS
Plus then you'll lose power and mileage , I run same size on one of mine ( height wise ) and run 4.10s, does great
BY THE WAY WE DO HAVE A LIFT SECTION
FLARES ARE WHAT YOU GET FROM THE FACTORY no aftermarket

Tom, you should just put a variation of that in your sig... it'll save a lot of time over the year(s).

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this past Saturday I made the "infamous" plywood rear package shelf. Much more stable than throwing things up on top of the retractable privacy screen. I'll cover it with carpet and put some D-rings in the corners later... fits nice and snug.

I also installed two Hella 500ff driving lights. I finally drilled my first holes into the Jeep after 9 years of ownership (or has it been longer.. whatever). So I guess it's officially mine now. I still need to wire in the switch, but that's just three simple wires; I had gotten busy with some family items this weekend and so never finished this. I did function check it by applying power to the remote 12v wire, and it works! I think it looks good, but my brother thinks the white covers stand out too much and my wife thinks the extra lights, in general, look dumb. I think I'm going to like it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it looks nice!

I've been thinking about building a cargo shelf for mine. Would come in handy for ski season, would keep gloves/helmets etc out of the muck from the boots better than the cargo cover would.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"my wife thinks the extra lights, in general, look dumb. I think I'm going to like it."

My wife said about the same thing about the hood vents on mine. My reply "Is it yours? Nope, well then what you think matters not.":happy175::happy175:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"my wife thinks the extra lights, in general, look dumb. I think I'm going to like it."

My wife said about the same thing about the hood vents on mine. My reply "Is it yours? Nope, well then what you think matters not.":happy175::happy175:

LOL ... yup. Jeep stopped being hers when I bought her the Acadia and sold off my Grand Marquis (miss that car, was fantastic!).

Used the lights this morning, roughly aimed, still a bit low, but WOW... very nice improvement in visibility... the long and lonely rural road to work isn't quite so bad anymore. I could only imagine 100w bulbs in there, or any of the HID or long range LED lights... but these will do, and halogen is pretty classic anyhow.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my Jeep camping, or rather, my Jeep took me camping.

60304[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• HTI2jtR.jpg
    HTI2jtR.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 0

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my Jeep camping, or rather, my Jeep took me camping.

60313[/ATTACH]"]

Beautiful campsite! I felt relaxed and comfortable just LOOKING at it..

Attachments

• HTI2jtR.jpg
    HTI2jtR.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 0

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Been projecting to ready the MK for our upcoming road trip to Nevada.
Learned awhile back that the factory cross rails from a WK Grand Cherokee will fit the Patriot if you cut a bit over 4" from the length. So I finished that project yesterday... and I do say, they sure do look like they belong!

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful campsite! I felt relaxed and comfortable just LOOKING at it..

Yea, we spent 3 nights at this site. There are lots of great places if you know where to look. This one took us 7 hours to get to, so it was a bit of a trek. The river we camped by was full of fish. We were spearing Barramundi with a hand spear and a spotlight at night. Who needs a fishing rod! Plenty of crocs too, but they left us alone.
I did however, fall into the river and I destroyed my phone which happened to be in my pocket. So much for it being waterproof! :favorites68:

Edit: I ordered new Moog rear control arms and a Mopar front pinion seal. Driving back on heavily corrugated roads with what feels like forklift steering was exciting to say the least. I kept it in 4WD Fulltime which saved me a few times from spinning out of control on the slippery dirt roads.

Last edited:

FlyinOrange

Reaction score
IPC not lit and the right tail light is out. Good ol' fuse 9. Cannibalized the 10 amp from the radio and all is good.

Lordco opens at 0730 - time to stock up on fuses.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a couple weeks back, i finally got my 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers installed. really improved the stance and noticeably improved stability. i also pounded the pinch welds flat and molded the wheel liners to eliminate rubbing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it through loose sand at the beach. It does need the crapped out suspension back to factory height, but it went through with no problems.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off with the cragars and on with the much lighter knock off moabs (mr1x). My gas budget, engine, transmission, steering rack, and lead foot are all happier

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They opened a new 4 WHEEL PARTS STORE here in Columbus. My son and I went to check the place out since they at one point offered me a job.
HUGE disappointment, 50 black wheels ( is that all any one runs any more?) no tires on the floor, 6 bumpers, no RTTs, lots of smittybilt crap everywhere though, and unless you drive in with a Wrangler they wouldn't even talk to you. LOL