What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good , hope it doesn't vibrate much being attached to just the plastic.
These two pictures illustrate what I don't like about a lot of the LEDs being sold today
scattered light everywhere so they don't do well on road blinding others , only off road use
Not downing yours just like a better pattern so can be used on road as well

thanks tom - always appreciate your input. I secured it with some metal plate on the plastic bumper cover and extra long bolts that go to the frame, so it's very sturdy. i agree with your assessment and actually plan on changing out the "flood" lights for some "spot" lights in the hopes of getting a more focused beam.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove her like a mad man to make it to a early morning training. Hydroplaned the entire way home with the occasional blind puddle hop.

Have this problem with the Cooper Discoverer LSX tires that came on ours and it just takes the slightest amount of wetness on the road to either spin a wheel or slide on hard braking.

Anyone else have this problem with this tire? Bad part is they looked almost new when we bought it and still have a lot of tread after a year and a half and 10,000 miles so don't really want to spend the money to replace them yet. :(

Scott

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this happened today. Started it up and it was misfiring. Checked under the hood and within 3 minutes of inspecting this was going on
You must be registered for see images

Bought 6 new coils and let that be the end of it

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have this problem with the Cooper Discoverer LSX tires that came on ours and it just takes the slightest amount of wetness on the road to either spin a wheel or slide on hard braking.

Anyone else have this problem with this tire? Bad part is they looked almost new when we bought it and still have a lot of tread after a year and a half and 10,000 miles so don't really want to spend the money to replace them yet. :(

Scott

Always having passenger cars with sport tires - I actually enjoy the false panic I get driving the jeep with my current coopers. They rip through puddles and heavy downpours like knife.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:mfr_omg:
Well this happened today. Started it up and it was misfiring. Checked under the hood and within 3 minutes of inspecting this was going on

Bought 6 new coils and let that be the end of it

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope Not the end. Replaced all 6. Started up fine took it down the road no misfires. Then the power cut in and out and I got p0352 and no bus on the dash. Wtf

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Well it's one thing after another. Not a good way to start my week.

So is a p0352 coil specific ex: coil #2?

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dang! I had a 1975 Granada with a 302 do that... Then the carpet caught fire. :Insane:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't have the jeep running long enough I think to do any damage.
It "woke up like that". Started it to move it out of drive and it was running like crap. Pulled it up the drive and popped the hood and noticed it.
Misfires causing the gas to burn inside the pipe I guess ?

Well I took all 6 coils back and bought 6 more from another vendor. No issues. No codes.

When I bought the jeep it always had a slight stumble at idle. Now you can't even tell it's running.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked up the coils from the first vendor, the counter jockey told me to buy spark plug wires too...

I got that once when buying plugs for one of mine. I just said, no thanks, I'm good. :gr_grin:

I just meant the puny wires going into the connectors. I've heard of people having issues with them especially if you were just monkeying around with the connectors to change the coils. I can never figure out why anyone would even mistakenly think you'd need plug wires when you purchased 6 coil on plug coils? :Insane:

Forgot to ask, what brand didn't work out and what brand did?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ya. I knew what you meant.
Autzone brand then advance auto. Plus advance auto was $20 a coil plus 30% off so it ended up costing me $95 after tax

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Advance coil packs is what someone brought me to install on theirs, lasted two weeks and then tried to blame me for them not working and throwing codes . Told em to buy quality parts in the first place and it wouldn't throw codes !

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I use dealer on anything electronic when it comes to these KJs
soil packs, sensors etc all seem to last and do way better long term. Even thermostats,tri-links, radiators

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
OEM only for some things like coil paks, o2 sensors and such.

I just walk into the dealer parts dpt and tell him what I need and he just gets them from in back because they stock them there and I get them immediately (I want stuff right now when I'm fixing something and because I am impatient and too old to wait for stuff) and they are OEM quality. I get a 10% discount because I get stuff there and asked for a discount. Ask for a discount. After you go there a couple of times, ask again and you will get it.

That's just me.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OEM only for some things like coil paks, o2 sensors and such.

I just walk into the dealer parts dpt and tell him what I need and he just gets them from in back because they stock them there and I get them immediately (I want stuff right now when I'm fixing something and because I am impatient and too old to wait for stuff) and they are OEM quality. I get a 10% discount because I get stuff there and asked for a discount. Ask for a discount. After you go there a couple of times, ask again and you will get it.

That's just me.

Dave

Yes thats what I do, they know me, know what I own and get my parts right away with discount . No messing around