What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the transfer case position sensor, now all the lights on the instrument cluster work again. It was a pretty straightforward job. Only the connector on the sensor gave me some issues, spent like 15 minutes fighting with it before it finally came off :emotions34:.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
(Labor Day)

Took my little pal Roscoe down to the farm and tested out my offroad lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

Such a cute pup! KJ looks good too.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Awesome KJ and Beagle, Prof.

Dave

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new a/c clutch installed,just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can pull it outside to do the break-in procedure.(20 reps at 5 seconds on,5 seconds off).
And while it was laid up(for a week) I pulled the rocker covers to inspect the sills:eek:
Only 1 hole about the size of an egg and a bunch of bubbles.
Fixed it for now, but I see new sills in my future.

Nice Jeep and a fine looking Dog Prof.

Gyro

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a fun challenge.
You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a fun challenge.

Awesome, awful close to the rocks though. Looks like a "brown pants" run though. Tell me you and the KJ are ok....

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not one new scratch

Well that's no good. You need at least one to give you an excuse to start he story in the future. Nothing serious mind you, but a little badge of honor:gr_grin:

Every time someone asks about the dent in my hood, I get to tell them about the slapshot that dinged off the goal and sent a hockey puck bouncing off the KJ that apparently was parked a little too close to the rink.
Or the tear in my front bumper cover from a big rock that hung me up on the old road to the quarry years ago.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Yeah, when I was a kid my uncle had a pair of beagles and I have been partial to them ever since.

Dave

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently picked up this cheapo generic license plate bull bar/light mount and decided to throw it on for the time being. lights are small (4") but they throw some nice light!

headlights only:

headlights + LEDs:

LEDs only:

Last edited:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evacuated from Florida to Michigan for the week with my cousin. Things went OK until Cincinnati, where we were rear ended. Now my spare tire sits at a jaunty angle. I'm hoping we can remove the bracket and pull the dent out using the existing bolts. Also, the washer pump quit working. :(

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Evacuated from Florida to Michigan for the week with my cousin. Things went OK until Cincinnati, where we were rear ended. Now my spare tire sits at a jaunty angle. I'm hoping we can remove the bracket and pull the dent out using the existing bolts. Also, the washer pump quit working. :(
Sounds like you could use a break. :(

Good luck from here on out! :)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got rear ended once (not me, the KJ) and it did the same thing to the spare. I just took the mount off and put washers on the studs till it was even all the way around. Mine was pushed in at the bottom, so I think 4 washers did the trick, it looks like it never happened now and I've largely forgotten about it. My mount was ok.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

You can pull out some, just don't like a buddy of mine and pull too hard and rip the bolts out LOL
Rearended 4 times, one pushed my spare in a bit but not enough to even notice, other three times they got the brunt of the RL rear bumper , so while they were towed away I touched up a bit of paint.
Lifted and aftermarket bumpers help a lot :gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i recently picked up this cheapo generic license plate bull bar/light mount and decided to throw it on for the time being. lights are small (4") but they throw some nice light!

headlights + LEDs:

LEDs only:

Looks good , hope it doesn't vibrate much being attached to just the plastic.
These two pictures illustrate what I don't like about a lot of the LEDs being sold today
scattered light everywhere so they don't do well on road blinding others , only off road use
Not downing yours just like a better pattern so can be used on road as well

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad you got away from the storm safely. As for your jeep, you now have a storm damage story to tell, and you might be able to fix it like HJ and Tommudd suggested.

Dave