What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally I'm a all windows down and sunroof open type of guy lol.
Yeah, I really like the windows down. But I wear hats (NOT those 1-size fits all caps) and I worry I'll lose one out the window or sunroof at 60mph and never see it again. That would make me sad. :(

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Someone asked about it today... "Did you ever get rid of that Jeep you had?" Told him I got another that doesn't work either and thinking about another one with a cratered engine and he just laughed at me.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Went out this morning and bought a lawn mower. Yay another 4 wheeler to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Deer?

:buttkick:

HaHa just kidding------NOT!

I'm a CUB CADET Man

Nice Buy. I Looooove cuttin my lawn (ok Lawn/weed)

Seeing pictures like that I have to ask myself "Bert, why do I live where I live? ( freezing Temps still at night :Violin:)

Bert

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ mine's a Cub Cadet too. And I have weights, chains and a plow for mine ;)

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a toro that pops wheelies, and its very loud around 90 decibels with my phone. I always just use chain saw ear muffs for hearing protection.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After over heating again in the desert (on going issue, thank God never in the "red") I found my stupid fan assembly was intermittent and bearings got sand in them, go figure live in the desert and got sand....Anyway was quoted 179 for part, 75 to install, Oreillys had part for 83 with military discount and install was 10 mins counting dropping the bolt.

Heading back into the desert to ensure all is right with cooling system, then home for a system flush.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the roof crossrails from mk_v and installed them. My husband is very happy...

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks!

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the 790s, jba top plates and 2 more rear isos! Rides like a dream with the heavier springs. Sitting 23.5 front 23 rear (got a ton of tools in the back though) looks awesome! Now someone buy my 926 assemblies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching the pollen wash off in the thunderstorm.

The pollen - and lots of it - that built up since I had it washed earlier this week.

capecodbob

Reaction score
Not today but saturday last new front rotors and pads. Wagner. Just for hahas googled video and found that jack bolts instead of BFH will get old rotor off. As I am in a RV park where they frown on repair work I did not want to make much noise. Google Search is a great friend.
I had to rest up as my legs were so sore from that job. Even though I stair step a 100 steps 6 days aweek.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not today but saturday last new front rotors and pads. Wagner. Just for hahas googled video and found that jack bolts instead of BFH will get old rotor off. As I am in a RV park where they frown on repair work I did not want to make much noise. Google Search is a great friend.
I had to rest up as my legs were so sore from that job. Even though I stair step a 100 steps 6 days aweek.

What is that jack bolt trick?

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received Drewwenmoth's backbone and ordered all the mounting hardware from Mark at DetourUSA. Hopefully I will receive the mounting hardware end of next week so I can put it on.

As of now I'm leaning towards the X20 10k lb winch with a steal cable for 399. The synthetic line model is about 550-600.

Also replaced the front passenger caliper. As of now that's both passenger side calipers. Rear seized about month ago or so.

And somehow I lost the top bolt on my passenger side sway Bar endlink. Going to fix that first thing in the morning before work. I'm thinking maybe I should stop using a harbor freight torque wrench and invest in a better one.

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished tweeking my custom roof rack crossbars.

And used tracing paper to trace certain areas of the stock bumper to make patterns for some custom trim pieces.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I rented a spring compressor and got to work putting in new iso's. For about 15 minutes before figuring out that an internal compressor wasn't going to work. Brought it back to Autobone and rented and external from Napa. Put 2 iso's on the driver side and one on the passenger side.

Then, put in a set of MOOG Problem Solver rear lower LCA's. They were about an inch longer than the OEM's. Clunk is gone! Had major battles with the €^<£*$& muffler getting the upper bolt out. Finally won by taking the 2 rear hangers off. Pulling the axle back was waaay easier in comparison. Drivers side lined right up. 10 minutes vs 30+ for the passenger side.

Back is now 22.5" and the front sits at 22" - I did have to crank another 1/4" on the front driver side. JBA coilovers!

4Link needed a bit of adjustment too, but it's never ridden this well since I've had it.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received Drewwenmoth's backbone and ordered all the mounting hardware from Mark at DetourUSA. Hopefully I will receive the mounting hardware end of next week so I can put it on.

As of now I'm leaning towards the X20 10k lb winch with a steal cable for 399. The synthetic line model is about 550-600.

Also replaced the front passenger caliper. As of now that's both passenger side calipers. Rear seized about month ago or so.

And somehow I lost the top bolt on my passenger side sway Bar endlink. Going to fix that first thing in the morning before work. I'm thinking maybe I should stop using a harbor freight torque wrench and invest in a better one.

You'll like that winch - I have the same model and very pleased with it. One suggestion though: Spring the extra $150 for the synthetic line for a couple of reasons. First, it's about 70 pounds lighter than the steel cable. Second, the synthetic line is MUCH safer. If a synth line breaks it simply falls to the ground, but if a steel cable breaks it's like a massive weed whacker line. It can easily take off a leg or worse. Third, the synth line is so much easier to handle and manage.

If you go with the steel cable be sure to get a weighted wrap to throw over the line when you're winching so if it does break the line's energy will be captured.

Just a thought...

Bob

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What I did to Jeep today..? Well started it after sitting for 3 weeks...
The Odyssey battery cranked er right over with ease! Then took it for a Jeep wash!
Here is a pic of the Canadian Rockies coming home! :gr_grin:
59382[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Canadian%20Rockies.jpg
    Canadian%20Rockies.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 0