What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
500 mile re-torque is done. Had several that had loosened up just a bit. Also got the oil changed and get to drive it 8 hrs to UT for my kid's Regional gymnastics meet.

Still getting vibration at 75+ though not as bad. Is it just a Jeep thing? Vibration doesn't change when engine rpms change or when putting it in neutral on a downhill that will keep the speed. It did it before the lift, but I thought it was just the sh*t tires that were on there - cupped BAD - but I guess not, so I don't think it's the stabilizer bar removal on the back. The vibration seems to come from the entire vehicle, not just front or back or any particular side. Tires are passenger rated AT's.

:shrug:

Rowlette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her a decent bath and messaged her body!
Did my standard monthly Detailing... Engine, interior, leather, wheels, undercarriage, door jams, washing, waxing, windows inside and out, filled the tire at the higher pressure for summer driving, checked fluids etc. Now I am TIRED.

Laughter is the key to happiness

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Front jba UCAs, front jba struts, rear bilstein shocks, rear 4" jba springs in, and 1.5" wheel spacers on. Still need to adjust the front for more lift. Installing a Napa rear uca and jba extension tomorrow to get it drivable. Rear uca is so shot. Then alignment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing. Replaced the fuel injector on my Astro yesterday. Long, filthy day.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an Astro at one of my old jobs. Thing took so much abuse and still ran like a champ.

That's why we got one in the first place - my husband drove one a long time ago for work and it took monster abuse and kept going.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the original intake tube/resonator and PCV system back on the 02. Aired up the tires and warmed it up good. Removed all my decals except one Towson sticker, 2 JBA stickers and one other special one. Still need to clean out the inside (lots of parts and equipment to go in the 05) and try not to forget to remove my Sonnax.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
500 mile re-torque is done. Had several that had loosened up just a bit. Also got the oil changed and get to drive it 8 hrs to UT for my kid's Regional gymnastics meet.

Still getting vibration at 75+ though not as bad. Is it just a Jeep thing? Vibration doesn't change when engine rpms change or when putting it in neutral on a downhill that will keep the speed. It did it before the lift, but I thought it was just the sh*t tires that were on there - cupped BAD - but I guess not, so I don't think it's the stabilizer bar removal on the back. The vibration seems to come from the entire vehicle, not just front or back or any particular side. Tires are passenger rated AT's.

:shrug:

Mine's pretty smooth at those speeds, no vibs. How are your u joints? Excessive slop in intermediate shaft? (some is normal, if it moves and clunks that's the threshold I think)

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking that the neutral test eliminated the drive shaft, but I'll check. The demarcation between not there and there is just defined though... :shrug:

I'll give 'er a go on the 'morrow

mrhemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On CRD #2. Changed out motor mounts. Replaced POS thermostat with HDS 203 deg. unit. Replaced both intercooler hoses. Replaced air filter to turbo hose. Replaced crankcase ventilator.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved about 90% of my crap from the 02 to the 05. Put a couple JBA stickers on the 05 too. I had a "Mudd" load of parts in the 02 that will fit the 05, well maybe not that many. :happy175:

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a while fighting with my new LCA bushings. The old ones came out easily, but getting the new ones in is turning out to be a real pain. There's just no combination of cups/adapters in any of the ball joint/bushing kits that fits properly.

I gave up after about an hour an a half, I'll give it another try tomorrow...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd. Getting them out was the pain. getting them in was easy.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd. Getting them out was the pain. getting them in was easy.

Getting all the old bushings out was easy. The only minor hickup was that I had to hammer in the edges of the big bushings so a three inch receiving cup would fit over them. Once that was done it literally took like two seconds to get them out.

The clevis bushings went in without any issues at all. And from what I'm reading in old threads here, those usually are a real pain.

But the big bushings... ugh. I've tried multiple rental kits from several different parts stores, and none have adapters that properly fit on the metal edge of the bushings to press them in. There are a few sizes that might work (just a little bit too big or too small), but the issue with those is that the combination of adapter + control arm + receiving cup doesn't fit between the ends of the clamp.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took 'em to my local NAPA shop and they did all the bushings for $25 each arm. :D

I cheated. Sue me. :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online