What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife wouldn't let me climb some massive snow/ice mounds in the local big box parking lot.
deplorable.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This idiot forgot to replace the PS reservoir cap and left it loose under the hood. Drove, noticed a funny noise, assumed something else was breaking on the Jeep, then it hit me. Too late! Cap's gone.

$15 mistake.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This idiot forgot to replace the PS reservoir cap and left it loose under the hood. Drove, noticed a funny noise, assumed something else was breaking on the Jeep, then it hit me. Too late! Cap's gone.

$15 mistake.

haha i did this before and drove 20 miles with the cap in my hand :gr_grin:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went over everything on the rig, changed the oil, f&r diff fluid, t-case fluid, and got her ready for a weekend trip to Georgia

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in to Discount Tire to check the balance... think I might have flung some sticky weights:blah:

Guy came back and said each tire was 1-1.5 oz off. Immediately took it on the highway but still getting a vibration 75+. There's a smaller vibration at 37/38 mph as well, so there's some sort of harmonic something something happening.

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the belt tensioner and rear glass lift supports.

Received my 4" lift bilstein rear shocks.

Ordered oem engine skid from ebay for $70/shipped.

Last edited:

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in to Discount Tire to check the balance... think I might have flung some sticky weights:blah:

Guy came back and said each tire was 1-1.5 oz off. Immediately took it on the highway but still getting a vibration 75+. There's a smaller vibration at 37/38 mph as well, so there's some sort of harmonic something something happening.

Is the vibration evident in the steering wheel or just the jeep as a whole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the vibration evident in the steering wheel or just the jeep as a whole?

Jeep as a whole. Difference now though, is that the the vibration doesn't get tighter/higher pitched with a faster speed.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new ball joints and LCA bushings in the mail.

I went and got the 23 piece ball joint loaner kit from Advance Auto. The old ball joints came out of the knuckles I got from the junkyard in like two seconds. The clevis bushings on the LCAs also came out without any real issues. The big bushings on the LCAs however...

The largest adapter in the ball joint kit is three inches. That's JUST too small to fit over the outside edge of the bushings, another millimeter or so would have done it.
I ended up taking the LCAs with me to work and putting them in a big industrial vise. Then I took a hammer and chisel and just hammered away at the edges of the bushings until the adapter cup fit over them.

Now hopefully the bushings will come out when I continue this project tomorrow or Sunday...

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started to come up with plans to add a second Power Distribution Center. Just way to many electrical items that I have added to the jeep and now its time to go big or go home because the wiring on my jeep is a mess.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's gotten big enough, maybe look at something from Painless or other vendors.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM engine skid came in the mail today. I need to get the hardware for it then I'll throw it on. Also walked outside to this trio on the lawn.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the painless stuff, but I found that using a jeep PDC is actually a better option because it allows for an amazing amount of relays and fuses. The plan is to install the new PDC in the panel your knees look at when you drive. It will take a while to complete, but once I finish I will be posting pictures for sure, I may even do a cool how to along the way as well.

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the painless stuff, but I found that using a jeep PDC is actually a better option because it allows for an amazing amount of relays and fuses. The plan is to install the new PDC in the panel your knees look at when you drive. It will take a while to complete, but once I finish I will be posting pictures for sure, I may even do a cool how to along the way as well.

Sounds like its going to be awesome! Take lots of pics!! And a how to would be amazing

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out of curosity, you plow in part time Hi or Low? I remember mine not being a problem to crawl through snow in low even with the wheel on the stops.

If you pull the abs fuse, i doubt it would intervene past the light being on.

Other possible options are to fault one of your wheel speed sensors. Passenger side front is the easiest to get to . Just unplug at the clip. might have to remove airbox the first time to put the clip accesible. I know none of these are steering wheel angle input problems but if it can't sense the wheels spinning or otherwise, It might bugger off.

I'm not 100 percent confirmed but i think yaw is controled by the esc, the rest in 4Lo is Brake lock Diff.

So, I actually installed a relay controlled by a switch in the cabin. This allows me to turn off ABS by cutting power to the fuse. Been quite handy off-road and when playing in fresh gravel. This would definitely fit the bill for your plowing needs!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the conditions both at the plowing sites and the roads, I was in 4LO most of the time for plowing, and 4HI while transiting. 4LO also allowed me to keep wear off the clutch from all the back and forth work. I'm going to look into a kill switch for the ABS.