What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
found out someone had windshield cowl off and looks like they had windshield replaced and too much of the windshield sealant pushed out so the 9 cowl clips couldn't lock into place...they then used glue and velcro to hold it in place.
found a mouse nest also, no residents
Good you found that mess! I think that is the first one I have seen with a nest.
Now you can breathe easier! :gr_grin:

kenM420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good you found that mess! I think that is the first one I have seen with a nest.
Now you can breathe easier! :gr_grin:

yeah i was glad to remove mouse feces and urine, shop vac'd & lysol'd and added a dryer sheet (attached externally with 4 dabs of hot glue).

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really KJ related but picked up a rental Compass today for the wife after she hit a deer with the minivan. Actually the deer hit her. Almost 3k in damage on an 08 Sienna with 210k on it. Guess the Compass is considered an MK platform. Looks nice but we'll see how it does on the Turkey day trek.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had one for a rental once. Good vehicle, didn't really wow me though. Prefer the KJ or KL or even the XJ though. I see the appeal I guess.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh god...
the compass is just a badly rebadged Dodge Caliber.
there aren't enough voodoo pins to stick in the doll of the guy who green lighted either idea.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one for a rental once. Good vehicle, didn't really wow me though. Prefer the KJ or KL or even the XJ though. I see the appeal I guess.

I haven't driven it yet but reminded me of that classic Eugene Levy quote: "You think you hate it now, just wait til you drive it". :happy175:

Oh god...
the compass is just a badly rebadged Dodge Caliber.
there aren't enough voodoo pins to stick in the doll of the guy who green lighted either idea.

My thoughts exactly, but it was either this or a Nissan Sentra and that was way too small. At least this thing has some space for "some" stuff. :emotions34:

I guess we'll see. I'll have to report back after the festivities. Three hours to NEPA and three hours back should be a good test.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted a set of 245/75R16 Dynapro A/Ts on stock rims to celebrate the brand new 3.25" lift.

kenM420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed windshield cowl. Red neck engineered a solution. Since the person who replaced the windshield forgot to leave space for the cowl clips (over caulked) I was able to secure the cowl. But there was a small gap. I masked it off then filled the gap with black permatex.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed windshield cowl. Red neck engineered a solution. Since the person who replaced the windshield forgot to leave space for the cowl clips (over caulked) I was able to secure the cowl. But there was a small gap. I masked it off then filled the gap with black permatex.

Dang, that's a really nice permatex fillet. Looks factory :waytogo:

Bob

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed my rocker panel today..
Drove over/through a tree a few days ago. Was the whole way across the road and both ditches, probably about 1-2" smaller in diameter than the size of a telephone pole..

Broke a hole in the back of my drivers rocker and dented up the passengers, scuffed up my front bumper a bit but nothing major.
All in all, pretty proud of the old jeep..
Alignment feels okay, but there is a little bit of vibration.
Gunna rotate the tires tomorrow when I change the oil, guess I'll start checking things out when I'm doing that.. but from looking underneath, all looks to be okay. For now..

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a few things and filled it up. Then parked it an took the escape with the automatic transmission for the Thanksgiving travel.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hauled some tractor tires , bought some moog lower ball joints and patiently waiting for my rear diff mounting bracket to come

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed my rocker panel today..
Drove over/through a tree a few days ago. Was the whole way across the road and both ditches, probably about 1-2" smaller in diameter than the size of a telephone pole..

Broke a hole in the back of my drivers rocker and dented up the passengers, scuffed up my front bumper a bit but nothing major.
All in all, pretty proud of the old jeep..
Alignment feels okay, but there is a little bit of vibration.
Gunna rotate the tires tomorrow when I change the oil, guess I'll start checking things out when I'm doing that.. but from looking underneath, all looks to be okay. For now..
What the heck were you doing? A hwy speed power slide on ice/snow covered road?
Time for a rear locker for your 2 WD ..with some winter tires? :icon_razz:

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving through the Alleghany national forest at 2am on my way back from seeing my girlfriend at school in bradford..
Came around a bend (it was snowing pretty decent mind you) and the winds had knocked over a tree..
It was laying completely across the road. Probably could've collected compensation on this through my insurance.. but it's fixed now. From what I know at least lol

Slammed on my brakes, got down from 55 to about 20..
Front tires kinda jumped it, back end kinda smashed through it.
No service out there for another 20 miles, so I hopped out and had to Hee-man this tree off the road so nobody else hit it..
Most of the damage was done from the limbs sticking off the tree, rather than the tree trunk itself..

Just got some winter tires, but definitely need to get a locking diff!

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran into this on my way home from test driving it after doing the rockers, then today changed the oil and rotated the tires..
So I took it out for a test drive.. just to find this and have to back a quarter mile backwards down a steep snowy narrow hill..
I would've attempted to turnaround, but it would've been like an icy version of Austin powers :gr_grin:

Last edited by a moderator: