What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was in the talks but the plan was not for another year, I was going to save up and buy me something else for summer time here, use it as a winter vehicle. Then after we moved, trade it and her car so she could have a new one. Though after going to the race, we were checking out the Camry at the Toyota Booth. The wife was really excited about it. So I told her I would go check one out, Saturday before work took a test drive, got numbers and approved to buy. So picked it up last night.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Traded it for a 2016 Toyota Camry.
I hope you enjoy the New Camry. It is nice to have a new reliable sedan.
I am sure you have made your wife very happy! :gr_grin:
IDK how safe I would feel in a Camry tho...I'll take the Jeep any day over a & mid sized sedan.
Too much thin metal and way too much plastic on new cars today!
That being said they got good crumple zones & side airbags, and new technology in them.
Just don't hit anything, they seriously crumple up like a beer can, one hit wonders unfortunately.:thumbsdown:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy the New Camry. It is nice to have a new reliable sedan.
I am sure you have made your wife very happy! :gr_grin:
IDK how safe I would feel in a Camry tho...I'll take the Jeep any day over a & mid sized sedan.
Too much thin metal and way too much plastic on new cars today!
That being said they got good crumple zones & side airbags, and new technology in them.
Just don't hit anything, they seriously crumple up like a beer can, one hit wonders unfortunately.:thumbsdown:

Most new cars are, doesn't matter what make or model. This one has an airbag in every corner and for the knees. I just hope I never ever have the need for them to be used. The wife is happy I have something new opposed to used with miles on it.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been considering to trade in for a new Tacoma. Those things are nice and they hold value very well. Just not sure about getting a new generation motor.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just buying more low mileage KJs until they are all gone :happy175::happy175:

Sell ya one with a nice lift, tires, and only 159k on the clock.

Only needs the following:

1) Power steering rack
2) Rear UCA
3) Rear passenger wheel bearing (I think??)
4) Passenger axle seal
5) Torque converter/trans
6) O2 sensor
7) New Driver's seat (recliner broke)
8) Engine cradle (works but is bent)
9) Rocker panels (hole rusted)
10) 4 doors. Bottoms all rusting.
11) New panel below rear tail light. Rusting.
12) Rear crank seal
13) At least one LBJ.

Funny. With all of that rust, the bottom of the Jeep is looking cleaner than the top. Hardly any rust under there.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sat in a new Tacoma at the track, didn't care for the seats one bit.

I liked it. Just sat in it at the NYC Auto Show. Everything is minimalistic about a pickup truck's interior though. So I'm not expecting much.

You want awful to sit in? Go sit in a Colorado.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked it. Just sat in it at the NYC Auto Show. Everything is minimalistic about a pickup truck's interior though. So I'm not expecting much.

You want awful to sit in? Go sit in a Colorado.

The Colorado felt way better to sit in, of course I sat in an Avalon before the Camry which my wife decided we needed to have, and mother of all that is. The interior, I felt like I could shout and hear an echo it was that full of space.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got in the LED light pods for the sides and back of my roof basket. They look good. Now I just have to get them wired up and installed.

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6056-lights-roof-basket.jpg

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess you want to be able to be seen from the Moon , maybe:shrug: ? :icon_lol:

That might be cool to be seen from the moon! :icon_lol:

Actually I got them so that if I ever get stuck setting up camp somewhere late I can see what I am doing or if I ever have to change a tire at night on or off road I dont have to hold a flashlight to do it. There will be two on each side and back with a switch for each set of two. And the back set is to just get people to stop tailgating.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the reverse switch... again. Lathered up the dielectric this time. Once I pull the skids off in the summer I'll tape the bejeezes out of it. For now the fiberglass beat up my left arm pretty bad.

Also gave her a bath since I parked in a bird prone area yesterday.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in my weather tech laser fit floor mats front and back and installed 10k Xenon hi-lo. Waiting for a night shot still.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Jeep looks brand new on the inside. Looks amazing.

Cleaned every day mostly. Leaving on the 6th for the navy so it's going to a shop until that Monday after to get the roof re painted and new windshield because it has a small leak. I've had those seats out probably 20 times over the past 2 years to clean everything.