What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the engine bay. Checked all fluid and hwhut not.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, here's that "coin" tray.
You must be registered for see images attach

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's not a coin tray. it's an ash tray.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's not a coin tray. it's an ash tray.

That's where I put coins. So coin tray ;)
I smoke but not in my car. That's a no no

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny part is, I think it's pretty rare. something about a "smoker's package" IIRC.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny part is, I think it's pretty rare. something about a "smoker's package" IIRC.

Libbys had a smokers package? Huh weird.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Libbys had a smokers package? Huh weird.

Pretty much most vehicles have the option for a smokers package, just my last three that includes the Libby have not had an ashtray. I think it was the late 90's it was an option for resale value.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changing the rear diff fluid right now.
was a light charcoal grey color, not black.
smelled too.
last did all the driveline fluids on 2/15/2011 @ 28k miles (now at just under 60k)
i'll be doing the rest as I can.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that midget is so midget on that trailer. :D

also rear is done finally. hate getting interrupted.
front is done also. going to start on the transfer case and transmission shortly.
I hate there's no good way to get gravity to help you on the rear, t-case, or trans.

also hot tip: if you're gonna change a fluid, make sure you have said fluid on hand BEFORE starting to drain. luckily I didn't pull the t-case plug yet. I haz no ATF+4!!!

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nobody: eh.... I think it does fine towing a big car trailer.:D

You must be registered for see images

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my PCV valve and put the fourth power steering pump on. This one sounds much better than the last one did to start with.

nobody

Reaction score
nobody: eh.... I think it does fine towing a big car trailer.:D

More power to you sota! I've been towing this trailer for the last 20 years or so. Got it in high school as my old cars seemed to always break down while out of town. I've used the trailer to haul many cars, trucks and even a tractor or two, but always with a full sized truck as the tow vehicle. I no longer have a full sized truck so thought I'd give the Jeep a try. I don't doubt the Jeep's capabilities, just for my piece of mind I'll probably borrow a pickup if I need to move something bigger than the MG.

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Smoker's package got me a cigar lighter for the power port in the cubby and a flip top ashtray that fits in a cup holder. Trailer brake lives in the cubby now.

My CRD could pull that trailer and a full size MG with no problems, if it wanted to.

Added another layer of mud dust to the jeep. Almost ready to paint the woodstove corner.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Smoker's package got me a cigar lighter for the power port in the cubby and a flip top ashtray that fits in a cup holder. Trailer brake lives in the cubby now.

My CRD could pull that trailer and a full size MG with no problems, if it wanted to.

Added another layer of mud dust to the jeep. Almost ready to paint the woodstove corner.

Between the cigars, the coal-fired CRD and your woodstove, you are a one-man crusade for global warming. Don't let Al Gore catch ya! :happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the cigars, the coal-fired CRD and your woodstove, you are a one-man crusade for global warming. Don't let Al Gore catch ya! :happy175:

speaking of cigars, NRA has a cigar sampler program? and it's apparently cheap in price too.

nobody

Reaction score
Just caught up reading all 900 + pages of this thread (been working at it for the last couple of weeks since I bought my KJ). Not going to lie but if I can do just a fraction of the mods I've seen and like the cost of the mods will quicky surpass the purchase price of my jeep. Money well vested if the jeep sticks around as long as I intend i to. :gr_grin: First things first, better suspension and tires.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fluids are done.
diffs (f/r), t-case, trans, oil