What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I foolishly lowered the driver's side window today. There were tiny bits of nearly invisible ice on the glass which made the worst crunching noises imaginable as the window came down. Fortunately, it went back up again alright. Really got my attention though...

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on that window, may have done the possible damage I did. Yesterday I decided to take the rubber seal and place the lip of the seal over the back swing gate scuff plate, took a latch for my seat covers and wedge it into one of the tie down spots in back seat. Two noises have now managed to vanish one that has haunted me since I bought the Jeep but was rather strangely interment now I think I know what was causing it and that was the gate panel hitting the scuff plate shuffling the interior back panels around.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been watching those windows since I got her, half expecting to see one down every time I go out. I don't even use them that much, but I'd hate to have a window fall and make it easy pickings for thieves.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when the rear passenger fell after closing the door just when I was trying to prep it for my personal delivery to me. Thankfully it didn't happen when I brought the KJ to the wife to see since she was a little red faced I all but signed the papers the moment she told me her car was paid off. But once she saw it took a ride in it, saw how happy it made me, she was happy too.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it, slowly when I wasn't completely stopped in traffic. Wish everyone would just get out of my way. Added to the salt collection this evening. It use to be blue I think. :gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a milestone yesterday...

You must be registered for see images attach

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed my average indicated MPG is creeping up again, the idle has become a lot smoother, and throttle response seems to be improving slightly. Guess adding that can of Seafoam to the fuel at my last fill up is doing something!

Trying to decide if I want to take her in to the dealer for a ****** flush or not. Fluid appears to be original, it's dark but doesn't smell burnt. Still, I know next to nothing about the Jeep's life before I got it, so the added piece of mind of having all fresh fluid appeals to me. I can do the t-case and diffs myself, but it's much harder to get all the old fluid out of a transmission.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hung the keys on the wall for 4-6 weeks...getting left knee replaced today...don't get old...they take your Jeep away...

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hung the keys on the wall for 4-6 weeks...getting left knee replaced today...don't get old...they take your Jeep away...

Ouch, Hopefully you have a speedy recovery, Being away from my Jeep for 3weeks while on vacation sucked enough.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

Had a neighbor get that done a few years back. They had him on his feet the next day and doing rehab exercises right off the bat. He was glad when they let him come home so he could just sit on the couch and be lazy for a while. :icon_lol:

Best of luck for a speedy recovery and a fast return to driving your Jeep. :favorites13:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you ! I had the wife move the recliner so I can look out the window and see my KJ parked in the driveway when I get home! *sigh*

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 70qt Coleman extreme cooler and started planning a summer camping trip. I am thinking of utilizing the fire roads in the green mountains, VT.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realized how anti-aerodynamic the KJ is today. Both hands on the wheel, windy as heck tonight. Couldn't figure out why it kept downshifting on the highway then I realized it was a pretty brisk headwind! Still a fun ride. :party52:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I had a crosswind. And, believe me, the KJ isn't so bad. Drive my Astro in the wind and you'll appreciate the KJ ;)

I replaced the left rear turn signal bulb this morning. It died on my way home from work last night.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 70qt Coleman extreme cooler and started planning a summer camping trip. I am thinking of utilizing the fire roads in the green mountains, VT.

I had to order last week a 28qt Igloo Electric Cooler for the trip. So its all nice and ready to go. Spacious enough to hold some food for sandwiches, and her water. I'm a little odd I prefer my canned or bottled drinks at room temp, keeps people from stealing them.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I had a crosswind. And, believe me, the KJ isn't so bad. Drive my Astro in the wind and you'll appreciate the KJ ;)

I replaced the left rear turn signal bulb this morning. It died on my way home from work last night.

I wouldn't say that about the cross winds if they're pretty gusty. Last year about this time I blew through a half a tank in less than 30 miles thanks to 50mph cross wind gusts. Then talk about testing my Hyper-Miling Skills I was able to make it about 20 miles on E with the fuel light on to a Gas Station where my wife drove to so I could fill up. I had family on stand by with a Gas Can in case I didn't make it. I was on fumes rolling in and nervous it wouldn't start after I shut it off but surprising I did get it restarted and to the gas pump when she showed up.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced my headlights with a pair of Philips 9007XVS2 X-Treme Vision Headlight Bulbs. The old ones (regular Phillips 9007) were still good so I not only have new headlights I have a set of working matched spares just in case. Cleaned the lenses really well and did the other light lenses to boot. I also removed the 3rd brake light housing and cleaned up behind it. After seeing the goo some of you had in there I expected the Swamp Thing to come crawling out at me, but it was actually pretty clean. I can't believe that a 2007 could be so clean in that area so I must have done it before and forgotten about it.

I also filled my new WWII US Army Canvas Tool Bag Jeep CJ2A CJ3B M38 M38A1 with my collection of Master Lock 3041DAT SteelCor Bungee Cords , along with a few other bungee cords and tie-downs I have. I have several spare small Canvas Tool Bags for tools and whatnot so all my stuff in the back is stowed by category and easy to find.

I am ready for almost anything, except for dealing with my insurance company over the TPMS again.

Members online

No members online now.