What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fueled it, checked the fluid levels, checked tire pressure, did a quick wash and cleaning of the inside.

Heading to the U.P. in a few days and getting the Jeep ready to go in case my back doesn't feel well enough to ride the cycle.

Right now my life is being dictated by the disc between C5 and C6:blah:

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turned off the radio to hear my passenger front brake make a grinding noise when braking that is competing with the tires... am i right duratrac owners?

pads have a lot of meat on them but think the rotors need a replacing. anything else that would cause grind when brake?

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turned off the radio to hear my passenger front brake make a grinding noise when braking that is competing with the tires... am i right duratrac owners?

pads have a lot of meat on them but think the rotors need a replacing. anything else that would cause grind when brake?
Did you check BOTH pads...inner an outer? Caliper might be hanging up and not releasing, which will wear one pad sooner than the other... Something to check. Grinding while braking can only be a couple of things...

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
heh heh ... nope they are still sitting on my bench

Getting them to look right in the limited area available with the Renegade hood has proven tricky thus far.

Happy cutting :D

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greased my drive shaft U-joints. Semi-power washed her, hand washed, then power washed again and finally dried with a synthetic shammy. Then cleaned all the plastic interiors and added some armor all. Cleaned all the windows then added Rain-x to the exterior windows. Stared at her for 5 minutes, then chased water spots. Did a quick engine/fluids inspection. Scrubbed my floor liners and let them dry. Swept the garage and its time for a beer.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got new tires for Pepper!!
went back down to 235 65 17R instead of 235 70 17R
And went from Yokohama H/T-s to A/T-s

I hope i don't regret the change in tire size enough though it's pretty insignificant.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All holes drilled and cut / Bare metal painted & Louvers fitted and attached.

You must be registered for see images
i

Tomorrow I'll pick up some Plastidip, paint the louvers and seal them down permanent

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GTP Hood Louvers mostly finished!

You must be registered for see images

I messed up the paint on drivers side on install, have to wait for paint to dry to sand and repaint.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it to diagnose a new noise. Bought beer on the way so success on many levels. Dropped a rocker a week ago and may have screwed up a valve. Thinking the lash adjuster may be sketchy. #2 exhaust and second time but first time was about three years ago. Wife thinks I'm nuts but I love this vehicle. I've got three others to drive but always go back to my KJ.

BTW previously known as 02blue

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacement bulbs came for the headlights, dropped them in and both low and high beams work. Fog Lamp Bulbs are all that are left. Thinking maybe a set of resistors might be a good idea for this new set.