What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Jeep to work today. It's now parked in the parking lot. Later this afternoon I will probably drive it back home and park it in my drive way where it will sit all night since I'm lazy and never go anywhere. If I get the motiviation, maybe I'll drive it to Dairy Queen to get my fat @ss a Peanut Buster Parfait.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my Jeep to work today. It's now parked in the parking lot. Later this afternoon I will probably drive it back home and park it in my drive way where it will sit all night since I'm lazy and never go anywhere. If I get the motiviation, maybe I'll drive it to Dairy Queen to get my fat @ss a Peanut Buster Parfait.
Dammit...now my fat lazy butt wants a Peanut Buster Parfait as I drive my Jeep home from work!
:big_banana_Dance:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice mileage mark. We should all throw a big party for you when you hit 300K. :favorites25:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw another KJ with the same spare tire cover as mine. Tires arrived at work though they're going on next week, very nice seeing some wonderful knobby Destination A/T's. Can't wait to put them on.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the radiator. Dealership said the part was under warranty, but not the labor, so I did it myself. I am glad I did. When I pulled the ****** lines off the radiator, I found the fluid was black. I got the 2 new ****** filters and ATF+4 fluid as well as new G-05 Zerex antifreeze and went to town pulling everything apart and putting it all back in. The ****** fluid was the worst I have ever seen. Cleaned everything off real good inside the pan and out. The magnet has some sludge on it, but not as much as I thought there would be, judging from the fluid condition. I doubt it has EVER been changed. 136xxx miles on it too. Took it for a test drive, and I could barely feel it shift now. Even when I got on it, it was smooth. I wonder if my gas mileage will be better now. ;)

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they post a lookout on the roof yet, so they can lock the doors and turn out the lights when they see you coming? lol

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought about taking the front doors off the lib today to enjoy the nice weather ,plus i always wanted to do that on a lib , but between my town and province , id be either robbed or flooded my morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went got my hair cut, was able to test the Air Conditioning in the hot weather that we have for today and make sure all is good. Then parked it under the tree at the house when I picked up my contacts for my eyes.

You must be registered for see images attach

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, i hooked up the boat to the Jeep for the first time since I bought the Jeep in December. Took it for a test pull. Went up and down some pretty step hills to see how she would do. It sure is no comparison to my 93 Toyota SR5 Xtra cab. I got on it at the bottom of a hill, and was doing 55 in a 30 before I knew it. Slowed quickly and didn't feel pushy, or like a brake dragging either. Shifting smoother yesterday than the day before, and way smoother than before changing fluid.

Am I happy with the Jeep? I would have to say... Heck yeah!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, i hooked up the boat to the Jeep for the first time since I bought the Jeep in December. Took it for a test pull. Went up and down some pretty step hills to see how she would do. It sure is no comparison to my 93 Toyota SR5 Xtra cab. I got on it at the bottom of a hill, and was doing 55 in a 30 before I knew it. Slowed quickly and didn't feel pushy, or like a brake dragging either. Shifting smoother yesterday than the day before, and way smoother than before changing fluid.

Am I happy with the Jeep? I would have to say... Heck yeah!

how big of a boat you pulling. mine pulls adequately but not well @ somewhere around 3000 lbs.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep to work, went out to dinner afterwards, ran an errand after that, and went home. As I'm pulling into the drive, depress the clutch pedal and I have what sounds like chipmunks grinding coffee beans. The squeak gets worse with the pedal down, I can feel thumping in the pedal, and it's difficult to shift because it isn't disengaging. Crap, my throwout bearing and/or pressure plate took a dump! At 134k miles though, guess I can't be totally surprised. What's strange though, is there were ZERO symptoms of any clutch issues up to that point. Yes, clutch failure can happen suddenly without warning, but I usually prefer some sort of heads up. I was planning on replacing my rear u-joints soon, now I'm going just a tad deeper than I expected. I was always wondering just how long my clutch was gonna last, wonder no more. Sure am glad I have nothing better to do with my time (that's sarcasm btw)! :Insane:

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep to work, went out to dinner afterwards, ran an errand after that, and went home. As I'm pulling into the drive, depress the clutch pedal and I have what sounds like chipmunks grinding coffee beans. The squeak gets worse with the pedal down, I can feel thumping in the pedal, and it's difficult to shift because it isn't disengaging. Crap, my throwout bearing and/or pressure plate took a dump! At 134k miles though, guess I can't be totally surprised. What's strange though, is there were ZERO symptoms of any clutch issues up to that point. Yes, clutch failure can happen suddenly without warning, but I usually prefer some sort of heads up. I was planning on replacing my rear u-joints soon, now I'm going just a tad deeper than I expected. I was always wondering just how long my clutch was gonna last, wonder no more. Sure am glad I have nothing better to do with my time (that's sarcasm btw)! :Insane:

Same thing happened to me! No symptoms just bang and all hell broke loose.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took off the factory rock rails and bolted/welded on a pair of RRO Supersliders. Next week is oil change and transmission service time. Had a blast last weekend driving 500+ miles for a fishing trip up in the mountains; 4.10 gears helped a ton on hills. Well, paying for gas was no fun but it's only going to get worse when I add a front bumper/winch!

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how big of a boat you pulling. mine pulls adequately but not well @ somewhere around 3000 lbs.

Mine isn't very heavy. Maybe 1500 lbs. It is a 16 ft Shasta aluminum with a 30 Hp Yamaha outboard, 2 batteries and and a trolling motor. It is outfitted for bass, trout, salmon and rock fishing. Does about 30 mph with me and my wife in it.

It is just that my Toyota wouldn't pull it at 55 up a hill, even with a running start. When the Jeep did it so fast and would have gone faster if I wanted to, I was really impressed.