What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(Sunday) Drove it to Tractor Supply and bought 800 lbs. of wood pellets. I forgot to clean out the cargo bay so I had to push all my stuff up just behind the seats to make room for them. (Twenty 40 lb. bags) The added weight concentrated in the rear dropped the back end just enough to make everyone going the other direction think I had my high beams on. I made some new friends and learned some new words and hand signals on the way home. A quite productive day. As a bonus, my Jeep, which I had rarely driven in two months since I busted my leg all up (it's much better now, thanks) got a chance to charge up the dead battery I had from not driving it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a full pallet on the car trailer :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My husband replaced the rear pads and rotors while I worked late. Two pads on the rivets, two pads with a mm before they were on the rivets, one of each on each side.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you got your full measure out of them.

Yeah, we did. Both sets should have lasted longer, but my husband drove it an hour + every day for work for 6 months and he's really ******* brakes. He brakes very late and very hard and there was a ton of stop-and-go traffic on that commute. I'm really happy he's back in a work truck that someone else gets to maintain :p

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes weren't quite fixed. The pistons in the rear calipers wouldn't retract unless I hit some serious bumps. Replaced both rear calipers tonight and now, finally, everything is awesome.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove over to the Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Ram dealership near me that will flush and fill my coolant system(Amazingly "The Jeep Store" will only drain and fill for $200) and scheduled an appointment for that and my 2 recalls(airbags and hitch). Be so happy to get that green shit out of my engine. Also gonna see if I can get something official from them that the wrong coolant was installed, in case anything happens down the road that might be related.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a pretty rugged noise that started the other day. It think it's a pulley, but I'll be checking into it this weekend.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot...

You must be registered for see images attach

came the other day.
I'm actually impressed with the construction of the wiring harness and the overall quality of the assembly in general.
Looking forward to getting it installed in a couple weeks or a month or so.
Have a couple spools of 16ga wire (10 colors, 100' each) to add to the pile.
Later I'll order some fabric harness tape and some weaved wire loom covering.
The goal is to make it as professional and factory looking as possible.
Figure once I have enough parts to load into the Cannon, I'll shoot it off and get this all done.

Oh, and there's a roof rack I need to start mocking up for getting bent/built. I want something that goes far enough forward and is as flush to the roof as possible, so I can get still pull into the garage.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When did the forum get all screwed up, KK section first, then KJ section and so on who the heck has been messing with it ?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did the forum get all screwed up, KK section first, then KJ section and so on who the heck has been messing with it ?
What happened, Tom?

Edit: I see, order of the sections has changed. I normally use the “Today’s Posts” function so I didn’t notice initially.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that rugged sound is the A/C clutch bearing! Ideas on a quick fix? Am I best off getting a whole new compressor, or just the clutch kit from Rock Auto?

Last edited:

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the A/C pulley:

I found a video where a guy used a 79.5" belt and tilted the compressor and everything bypassed. So, I did that. And I have hit every snag along that way. I'm gonna make a pizza and watch netflix with my dog :confused:

Members online

No members online now.