What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsolo49

Reaction score

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
realized i needed the secondary wire harness to use my 7 pin connector, got one for 12 bucks new.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New list of issues.
Mopar radiator installed with new Napa hoses and clamps
Leaks at hoses now...

My new wagner rotors and bendex heavy duty pads I installed last year have been getting worse and worse.
The pedal has zero pulsation but the steering wheel shakes when braking and it’s gettifn worse.
Sometimes it takes a little bit of driving but once it’s stsrted , it makes low speed city driving annoying.
I’m dreading having to deal with rock autos return / warranty policy.

Good news

My speed daddy exhaust is perfect. I was concerned about it being too loud but for less then $200 it’s exactly what I wanted.
It’s comparable to what a OEM performance muffler would sound like. Just a little grunt/ rumble but super quiet compared to others.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New list of issues.
Mopar radiator installed with new Napa hoses and clamps
Leaks at hoses now...

My new wagner rotors and bendex heavy duty pads I installed last year have been getting worse and worse.
The pedal has zero pulsation but the steering wheel shakes when braking and it’s gettifn worse.
Sometimes it takes a little bit of driving but once it’s stsrted , it makes low speed city driving annoying.
I’m dreading having to deal with rock autos return / warranty policy.

Good news

My speed daddy exhaust is perfect. I was concerned about it being too loud but for less then $200 it’s exactly what I wanted.
It’s comparable to what a OEM performance muffler would sound like. Just a little grunt/ rumble but super quiet compared to others.

My wife's car does that periodically. She refuses to learn how to brake such that she doesn't sit there after a hard stop all the time. The rotors contaminate and vibrate so badly right now there's a noticeable loss in braking performance and the shaking will rattle your fillings out. I'm putting new rotors on this week. Again.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the SYE.

Also went and bought a Ford 9" for the XJ from a guy off Craigslist a town over. All complete. Going to order a Ruff Stuff simple swap kit and disk brake conversion kit from Jegs. Not sure where I'm getting gears from yet but will be running 5.13s.

Next day off I'll cut off the stock axle mounts.
You must be registered for see images

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd add this crummy pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

Jo6pak did a great job with the paint. :waytogo:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's car does that periodically. She refuses to learn how to brake such that she doesn't sit there after a hard stop all the time. The rotors contaminate and vibrate so badly right now there's a noticeable loss in braking performance and the shaking will rattle your fillings out. I'm putting new rotors on this week. Again.

Interesting... who knows what’s causing the issue - I never smoked brakes on my cars in less then a year.
Maybe it’s the weight of the jeep and hilly backroads etc
Maybe the rear drums aren’t doing their share of the braking

It’s just odd to me it only shakes the steering not the jeep or pedal

Upper arm replaced too. With the new exhaust system installed , it was a lot easier then I thought.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better pic now that it's out of the Jeep.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... who knows what’s causing the issue - I never smoked brakes on my cars in less then a year.
Maybe it’s the weight of the jeep and hilly backroads etc
Maybe the rear drums aren’t doing their share of the braking

It’s just odd to me it only shakes the steering not the jeep or pedal

Upper arm replaced too. With the new exhaust system installed , it was a lot easier then I thought.

In her case it's contamination on the rotor face. She stops so late and so hard, then has to stand on the brakes to keep the car from moving ($#()$# automatics) that it causes an uneven cooling rate on the rotor, and winds up leaving an imprint of the pad on the rotor. Over time that contamination stops wearing off, and you get uneven brake application. There's no run out issue with the rotor either (i've had them checked), they just get messed up because she stops like a moron.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's weird. Did the hoses fit ok?

I got constant tension ones for mine on the lower, they look like the screw ones but have a spring in them that keeps the tension.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i changed them out for new ones. See what happens.
This jeep loves to make everything difficult. I don’t understand it haha