What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that I held my own with the wrangler guys at Sugar Hill offroad park today.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a heat gun to bend the plastic around the pinch welds so my new shoes don't rub. Ordered new lug nuts after the guys putting on my new wheels destroyed two of them...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a heat gun to bend the plastic around the pinch welds so my new shoes don't rub. Ordered new lug nuts after the guys putting on my new wheels destroyed two of them...

Dang those are nice looking wheels and tires!! :happy107::happy107:

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you order McGard chrome lugs? That's what I had on those wheels with Mopar locking lugs and they worked really well. Have to put a spare 1/2" ratchet and appropriate size socket in the Jeep's toolkit so you can change them if you have to away from home but it beats having those silly caps on the factory lugs...:icon_rolleyes:

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the bellhousing bolted up to the motor, the dipstick tube bolted in place, vent hose stuck on its tube, starter connected and bolted up.

Starter and heat shield:
You must be registered for see images attach

Back a little, behhousing bolted up:

Yup, I'll be swapping pans:

Tomorrow, bolt the torque converter to the flywheel, bolt the inspection cover/reinforcing collar in place, connect the cooler lines, drop the pan and install new filter then install pan from old ******, connect the electrical connections and the shift cable.

That probably will take me to dark, so transfer case, ****** crossmember, y-pipe and driveshafts will wait for Thurs evening.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you order McGard chrome lugs? That's what I had on those wheels with Mopar locking lugs and they worked really well. Have to put a spare 1/2" ratchet and appropriate size socket in the Jeep's toolkit so you can change them if you have to away from home but it beats having those silly caps on the factory lugs...:icon_rolleyes:

Bob

I got the Gorilla chrome lug nuts. They come with locks so it should work out fine.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in a hitch, extender, Moog tie rods, notch pin. 4 quick fists, fire extinguishers, 2 super 44's and gas kit and extra canister for my welder! :rock it:

Just waiting on my received shackles

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolted up the torque converter

Then the inspection cover/reinforcing collar

Next, the cooler lines

Then electrical connections and the shift cable

Had to work a little late and I was tired and in need of beer, so I stopped there. The pan/filter will wait for tomorrow ;)

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good....now just do the fenders and bumper

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Yeah I plan doing them with bed liner so it will last longer. Maybe this summer or the next one, will depend on the money.
I also plan getting a second grille from a scrap yard and get it benlined to so I can sell the KJ with the stock grille if I have to.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't work on it, thanks to massive amounts of rain. Did pick up some new hardware from my local Jeep dealer to replace some rusty stuff, though.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got word that the funds for my Mudd eco lift will be Avaliable Mon. YeHaw!!
cant wait to order.