What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it. Pulled the skids off and pressure washed all the crud off the undercarriage.
Didn't get the skids back on, went for a ride instead.

Where did you find that trail?

It's a little scrap of county land north of Mindoro, East of Burr Oak off Cty Q on Lockington Rd. There really isn't much for trails, but it was fun to play around a little.
The picture was taken right along Lockington Rd (which is just a short stretch of packed dirt road.)

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a terrible idea. :laughing1:
You must be registered for see images attach

I thought it was solid ground... until I started sinking without even spinning the tires. No traction whatsoever, lol, my Jeep was just hopelessly flailing about in very soft, thick, and slippery mud. The mud was up to the axle, I bottomed out on higher areas of mud beneath my Jeep (on the other side where I was sunk even deeper), and I think my front bumper was on the ground. The back didn't look to bad after I tried digging out the rear tires (it was even deeper at first), but that didn't help.

Eventually, another Jeep, a JKU, saved me.

This was a learning experience... lol

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to bring something home

used a WJ tow bar to flat tow it if you are wanting to know why the square tube is welded to it i am cutting off the roof to used as a jig for some stuff that i plan to make. most of it is going to be cut up and scraped but other parts are going to be used for some stuff that i am going to build for my WJ.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some new glass and wipers. Ordering my tires this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
wire-brushed/painted the undercarriage and cleaned up the spare carrier brackets .. and more wax :D

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
washed it yesterday, definitely overdue for a thourough detail, then ill be laying under it for a few days to touch up any areas in need of paint...still haven't gotten around to mounting the rock sliders

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wire-brushed/painted the undercarriage and cleaned up the spare carrier brackets .. and more wax :D

Looks Nice!

How do you go about painting the undercarriage? Did you just use a rattle can? Anything important to tape up or not paint?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Used a wire cup brush on my mini die grinder (careful around the brake lines) ... cleaned with mineral spirits... brushed on Tremclad Rust Paint (Rust-O-leum) oil based, flat black. Just a few small things to tape around, brake line fittings, exposed bolts etc. Didn't do anything to the calipers ... yet :D

Removed my Mopar Rust Rails today ... lol. Time for the annual bed-liner touch up.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got underneath her and tried to get the reverse switch out... Half a can of break away and two sore shoulders and cut up knuckles later I called my mechanic and made an appointment for Friday. I tried a breaker bar and air powered ratchet. I'm going to pay someone else to do it at this point since I don't have a lift haha.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got underneath her and tried to get the reverse switch out... Half a can of break away and two sore shoulders and cut up knuckles later I called my mechanic and made an appointment for Friday. I tried a breaker bar and air powered ratchet. I'm going to pay someone else to do it at this point since I don't have a lift haha.

Get a good floor jack and a set of jackstands and you'll be good to go

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get a good floor jack and a set of jackstands and you'll be good to go

What are those for ( jack and jackstands) can't everyone just roll under theirs and do whatever they need to do??? :ROFLJest:
I can...........................:ROFLJest:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are those for ( jack and jackstands) can't everyone just roll under theirs and do whatever they need to do??? :ROFLJest:
I can...........................:ROFLJest:

:happy175: well not everyone has their Jeep lifted up as much as you