What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
being a stick shift owner forever, I always use the parking brake on any vehicle I drive.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did some work on the XJ. New fan clutch, washed it, vacuumed it, detailed the inside.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah the parking brake. The bane of my Jeep! Im forever trying to put tension back in that cable. I cant believe such an important safety feature could be faulty on so many Jeeps.

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front hubs and got rid of the bearing noise. New lift support shocks for the rear window. Sucked out ****** fluid and topped off, and changed the oil.

I bought this KJ for my daughter but I am really enjoying driving it. It is a much more pleasant drive into the city than my truck, given its size. I like the visibility, turn radius, ease of parking, and it is just fun to drive. Now I am wanting one.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parked it.

With the late spring and poor recent weather in Massachusetts, today is the first "really nice day". Time to give Libby a break and take out the convertible.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops. Broke this last night wheeling. Luckily got another rear balljoint bracket from the junkyard this morning for $15.

Totally my fault. Forgot to put loctite on the bolts when installing my new rear uca and jba extension. The bolts backed out til only one mount was holding it and it snapped.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops. Broke this last night wheeling. Luckily got another rear balljoint bracket from the junkyard this morning for $15.

Totally my fault. Forgot to put loctite on the bolts when installing my new rear uca and jba extension. The bolts backed out til only one mount was holding it and it snapped.

ouch........

Dave

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to test the new balljoint bracket.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a problem with one my installed brakes.
The passenger side is wearing even, whole surface of the disc is showing an even wear patter, but the driver's side only shows the top 1/2 of the disc making contact with the pad.

attachment.php

The caliper seemed to push in and out evenly.
The pads affix to the caliper so I can't see them being out of alignment.

I probably would have never noticed without the black coating on the discs.

Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled passenger side front door speaker out to re-foam. The front screen fell out as soon as I popped the panel off. The foam was completely deteriorated. That explained the vibration. Should probably have a look at the driver's side but it doesn't sound bad. Can't be far behind though. The glue on the new foam is setting now. I'll reinstall tomorrow.

Reinstalled speaker today. No more buzzing. :peace:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think there is a problem with one my installed brakes.
The passenger side is wearing even, whole surface of the disc is showing an even wear patter, but the driver's side only shows the top 1/2 of the disc making contact with the pad.

attachment.php

The caliper seemed to push in and out evenly.
The pads affix to the caliper so I can't see them being out of alignment.

I probably would have never noticed without the black coating on the discs.

Ideas?

I'd pop the caliper off and look. The piston could be cocked ever so slightly, wouldn't take much to create that pattern.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pop the caliper off and look. The piston could be cocked ever so slightly, wouldn't take much to create that pattern.

I wonder if I missed a bit of rust on the caliper if the pad could also be cocked a bit. If the piston is cocked, would that mean a new caliper?

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front axles yesterday. Had some problems getting the intermediate shaft off, but nothing too terrible.

I also replaced the LBJ's too. I wasted $70 on the ones with grease zerks. I had to cap them because the zerk was hitting the axle.

Because I have the JBA coil overs, found that I had to back them off to about an inch (from 2.5") to get it to move enough to manuever the shafts out - also to get the bolt out. Be careful when compressing to get them to seat properly top and bottom where the springs rest - they wanna get cockeyed. Reconnect, then crank it back to your setting, then put the knuckle back on.

Tried to replace the front drive shaft but couldn't break loose those tiny little bolts. Couldn't get a socket on them and the box end felt ready to round. ***** because I still have the vibration. Thing is though, the one in there appears to be fairly new and no real play.

Going to try new ujoints in the rear, then alignment and if that doesn't work, have a shop do that front one.