What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing the PATC built Trans, then drove 150 miles to Beasley's knob to go wheeling without any drive time on the Trans. All went well and had a blast wheeling. Loving the shifting of the built Trans! Hopefully this one will hold boost better than the stocker lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

[youtube]https://youtu.be/fMb30sZ4MvQ[/youtube]

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the trans pan & added new fluid , drained the transfer case & refilled with new fluid , drained the front differential & refilled with new gear oil & replaced the transfer case switch that controls the lights in the dash to let you know what position the transfer case lever is in . Will do the rear differential drain & refill soon .
By the way I have read threads about removing things to replace that transfer case switch . I did it from underneath using a 1 1/2 " socket & breaker bar . Took all of maybe 10 minutes .

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This s**t was steep, at the top there's a rock to the right and the rear driver tire drops down into a hole. Pictures don't do it justice, but you see what happens to the z71 on the bypass.

Guy broke all kinds of stuff going up the bypass, I felt bad for the dude. I went up the actual trail around him and gave him a pull up the hill. The KJ really impressed me even though I wasn't crawling any huge rocks or anything. The trails are tight and technical with random roots and rocks sticking out just ready to f**k s**t up.

Last edited:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old video, but it was taken a couple months ago when we went camping and it rained overnight, turning a 3hr drive home into an 8hr drive. This is a muddy bank after exiting a water crossing. It was basically clay and ridiculously slippery. My Jeep was the only vehicle to make it 1st go. Front lockers on, 4WD Full Time. My tyres weren't great, either. Pretty bald and I have since bought chunky new ones. Sorry for the potato quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uew0XC_UzTo

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait wut?
Lol. Running a ported stock Eaton blower in place of the stock intake using some custom machined adapters. Was going to run low boost (4-6psi), but my stock motor took a dump before I had the chance. Did a full rebuild on a junkyard motor, using forged internals, AirRam cnc race heads w/ hi perf valve train, solid lash adjusters, custom grind cams, msii piggyback for tuning, cryogenic treated block crank, rods, pistons, heads, and lower block plate. Probably left out some stuff, but you get the idea. I've been wanting to start a build thread but been crazy busy lately between work, troubleshooting my parasitic drain issue, and killing the stock trans. Running 7psi right now until I get a feel for the trans, but it hasn't really been that expensive. The Trans was already acting up before putting a fresh blown decently built motor, but it should be good to go. Posted a video on here awhile back, I'll see if I can dig it up.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Beautiful pics. I used to rent a cabin in Blairsville, made it to the Beasly Knob trail head once with the LR3 to take it off road and just as I got there, a suspension fault struck and I couldn't use off road height. Wish I would've been able to make it past the trail head!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot someone was getting nutty with a blower.
I remember there was a guy putting an SRT-4 engine in his. Wonder if he ever got all the bugs worked out. I was interested in that one.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Finally got new balljoints for jba a arm.

I called up iro about wj rear a arm, and they're deciding whether they will make kj bracket for sale. Fun.

Note: when i said "finally" i don't mean shipping was late or anything, i've been waiting for it to be out for 2-3 month. Marlin has been posting this on his fb for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the center console/cover out yesterday, cleaned everything up, did the "manual adjustment of the e brake lever and tomorrow i'm getting an inspection done. really exciting stuff.

prionicone

Reaction score
Fixin'er Up

So as I mentioned in my introduction post, I recently broke my second steering gear mount and needed to replace it. This time around I decided to do it myself and it wasn't too bad and actually relatively easy to do. I also was able to take some of the saved money and get any tools I needed to do the job properly.

Right after I got that all fixed up, my CEL came on for a day and I went and bought a BOSCH scanner and got some cylinder misfire codes. With some research I found out that I'm an idiot and have not been taking care of my jeep at all. Yeah I've been changing the oil and air filter, but machines obviously need more maintenance than that. I hadn't changed my spark plugs in FAR longer than I should have. So I ran some seafoam cleaning techniques and changed the plugs out. Cleared the CEL and ran for a few days then the CEL came back. Next step was to change out the Ignition coils. Did that. Cleared the CEL and it has been about a month and the CEL has not had any error codes since. So that appears to have been fixed.

Apparently, not changing spark plugs for 60k miles doesn't work very well and caused the ignition coils to work overtime trying to keep up with my stupidity.:signs75:

While doing that and researching on here and LOST for info, I started to look at the list of things that I'm supposed to regularly maintain on the vehicle. I there were several things. All while doing those things, there were several others that I ran into that also needed fixing...

This is getting long, so I'll just post a list of the things I've done in the last 1k miles over the course of a month and also the things that are sitting in my garage waiting for the weather and my schedule to coincide.

Motor Oil/Filter Change (Castrol Edge w/ Syntec SAE 5w20; next change going Amsoil, Wix Filter 51516)
Air Filter Change
New Steering Gear and Power Steering Fluid (MasterPro Reman, Valvoline ATF+4)
New Moog Tie Rod Ends (Part # ES800087, Part # ES800088)
Seafoam Cleaning
New Spark Plugs (NGK V Power)
Rear Diff Gear Oil Change (Royal Purple 75w-90)
New ARB Chrysler 8.25 Cover Black
New Serpentine Belt (Gates)
New Upper Ball Joints (Napa NCP 2161313 for JBAs 4.5 UCA)
New Wheel Hub Assemblies L/R (SKF BR930224)
New PCV Valve (Mopar, the newer style on the valve cover)
New Front Brake Rotors (Centric Premium 120.67052)
New Front Brake Pads (EBC Yellow DP41612R)
New Centric Parts 117.68001 Brake Disc Hardware
New Ignition Coils (Mopar 56028138AF)
New Side View Mirrors (Drivers side got crushed and glued back together. I upgraded to the heated mirrors and luckily it worked flawlessly with no modifications. Mopar Brand 55155842AI, 55155843AI)
Trans Fluid Changed (Valvoline ATF+4)
Trans Filter and O-ring Changed (Mopar 68059549AA)
New Trans Pan Installed (PML Covers P/N 11044)
Transfer Case Fluid Change (Valvoline ATF+4)
Front Diff Fluid Change (Royal Purple 75w-140)
Front Propeller Shaft Rear CV Joint Replaced (Dorman 932-301)
New Front/Transfer Case Skid Row Skid Plates (I already had the Engine/Trans one)
New Wiper Blades (Rain-X Latitude)
New License Plate Frame

Those are the things that have been done in the last month.

Things that are sitting in the garage waiting to get done are:

New Rear Brake Rotors (Centric Premium 120.67063)
New Rear Brake Pads (EBC Yellow DP41673R)
New Rear Parking Brake Pads (Raybestos 745PG)
New Rear Parking Brake Hardware (Raybestos H7328)
New Gas Tank Skid Plate (Skid Row JP-4002)
New JBA UCA Set
New Oil Catch Can (Mishimoto MMBCC-UNI-BK, may or may not be worth it, but figured I'd give it a try. My old Silverado died by crud in the engine shortly after I bought it used. Had to replace the engine. After some research... this seemed like something I'd like to try. Have to figure out the best set up for this though.)
New Front Tow Hooks (Mopar P82206124)
Ordered Stud Plates For Tow Hooks Separately NO M BOLTS!!! (Mopar 52059352AB)

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Finally got new balljoints for jba a arm.

I called up iro about wj rear a arm, and they're deciding whether they will make kj bracket for sale. Fun.

Note: when i said "finally" i don't mean shipping was late or anything, i've been waiting for it to be out for 2-3 month. Marlin has been posting this on his fb for a while.

Damn, you just made up my mind on that one. About to buy a pair of those, might as well do them when I replace my moog lbj's.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, you just made up my mind on that one. About to buy a pair of those, might as well do them when I replace my moog lbj's.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Same reason why I went with these. Better angle too. Tom said he feels better ride but idk. I'm putting these on this week.

I thought My kk clevis upgrade was my last upgrade on front but look how quick it was for me to buy these lol.

prionicone

Reaction score
How is that angle better or different? It looks to be the same just with a cutout for extreme angles of extension or compression of the suspension. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to know.

Regardless though, I'd like to pick a set pretty soon here as the thickness of that mounting plate will certainly strengthen up that area of the UCA.

Bruceb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few months of difficulty starting, it barely worked this afternoon. I had replaced the ignition switch actuator last spring, so I assumed something was up with it and sure enough, I had installed the gold metal spring loaded thingy on the wrong side of the white plunger (if you've done this, you know what I mean). Or it had slipped, whatever, works great now, and STILL have a new one on hand if it breaks again.

Lesson today, actually look at the directions.

Of course it's totally my style to have to do something a few times to get it right, just ask my exes.