What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Charged up the ac for the summer. One of these years I'm going to get that slow leak fixed...

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you charged it with the dye, it should be easy to find it.

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bleh!

So today started out by just getting my step rails put on my KJ. Mechanic went underneath and was like...have you had any fuel mileage problems? And I, being a noob, said that I thought it was because of the lift and the tires. Well apparently I had almost pinched an exhaust pipe all the way through. Great....So they recommended me to their exhaust guy.

So after I the rails were installed, I took it over to the guy and he looked underneatht he jeep and was like..Yyyeep you got a doozie there. Oh..BTW, you're O2 sensor is completely missing.....sigh. So i went and got the sensor while he finished his current project, which amazed me myself. He was installing a TURBO on a CRV..bleh!

So...$77 for the sensor at a close by O'Reily's (Should have went to Autozone to save like $20) and back at the shop he told me he could put a new muffler in for cheap that would add some HP and better fuel mileage. So I bit the bullet and paid $180 for the crunched pipe to be replaced with a new pipe that was fabricated in place, a new muffler (which sounds amazing BTW) and the sensor installed.

I wish I could say I was done but....While the Jeep was on the lift, I noticed a bolt missing for the step rail on the passenger side. So back to the other shop who slapped a bolt in and finally went home.

Last edited:

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx and yeah I knew I had a code for a failing sensor but i didn't know the entire thing was freakin missing lol. I'll have to get a vid of the sound from the muffler at some point. It's not overly loud, but it's noticeable and gives her a nice purr. She has a nice lil attitude now ^_^

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx and yeah I knew I had a code for a failing sensor but i didn't know the entire thing was freakin missing lol. I'll have to get a vid of the sound from the muffler at some point. It's not overly loud, but it's noticeable and gives her a nice purr. She has a nice lil attitude now ^_^

Check out my libby purr in this video

http://youtu.be/7RkITwHv9iM

And how did you pinch that pipe and please get under there and clean before you got a rust bucket

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had it cleaned on Monday. Tuesday and today it rained and I live on 4 miles of dirt/sand road so it's almost impossible to keep it clean underneath.

As far as the pinch, I think it was done when I was doing China Wall Trail here in Colorado and I think a rock slipped from the tires I had on it and dropped me on a large rock. It's the only feasible thing anyone can think of. If not it might have been there before I had it. No one knows for sure haha.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had it cleaned on Monday. Tuesday and today it rained and I live on 4 miles of dirt/sand road so it's almost impossible to keep it clean underneath.

As far as the pinch, I think it was done when I was doing China Wall Trail here in Colorado and I think a rock slipped from the tires I had on it and dropped me on a large rock. It's the only feasible thing anyone can think of. If not it might have been there before I had it. No one knows for sure haha.

Well that is extremely close to the transmission pan. Looks like u know where to out your next skid plate! I've got the newer larger version of the JBA plate, and it covers everything

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but mind you, I did the trail BEFORE my upgrades. They were suppose to be on it already but the lift kit didn't make it in time. So I was riding stock, prolly with sagged springs, on 235/65's but with the 2.5" lift and 265/75's I shouldn't come close to touching anything lol

But skid plates are in my future, just have to get the $$$ to get them o_o

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her a full look over. Gearing up for my trip to Forest Rd 71 in the Green Mountains.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled radiator hoses off the CRD. Not a fan of the springy hose clamps.

The special tool for them makes it easy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cursed them intensely when first introduced. After buying a couple special tools, one with long cable extension, the other more plier like, I've decided I really appreciate them. They hold exactly the proper pressure required to keep hoses from leaking without cutting in and ruining hoses as I've seen many people do with worm gear clamps from over tightening.

Bob

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that.

I have the extension tool and regular tools, too. I love those clamps.

I hate worm clamps that cut the hose they're trying to clamp.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Amen! Worm clamps apply uneven pressure on the hose and too many folks think you have to tighten them to 1,000 ft-lbs so they deform the hose and leak anyway...spring clamps apply much more even pressure...the factory engineers are certainly not idiots...

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh sorry for dissin the under carriage then i could only imagine trying to keep her clean driving 4 miles on that stuff everyday and like wicked said you need some skids brother that could have been your trans pan