What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silicon sprayed the window side trims for smoother movement.
sprayed thin layer of silicon on all the door handles.
Teflon greased the door holders.
cleaned up the rails of the sun roof and teflon greased it.
Cleaned the seat belt guide of lint crap.
Teflon greased the door latches and the rear seat latches.
Silicon sprayed the exposed body.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Silicon sprayed the exposed body.
I have always wondered if you sprayed your body with silicone spray would it waterproof it as well and stop the aging? :icon_lol:

I washed my jeep today with some new Jeep Soap that contains Brazilian carnauba wax.
Armorall Wash wax & protect also cleaned the dirt off excellent. Where there were stains from water run down over time, it came off easily & leaves a great shine...good stuff!
Bottle looks like "body" wash too...LOL
Link: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/armor-all-premium-wash-wax-protect-48-oz.-17449/10610913-P

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always wondered if you sprayed your body with silicone spray would it waterproof it as well and stop the aging?...

You talking about the body of the Jeep? Or...? I mean, I know some people are into that sort of thing and all, but... :whip:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to reinstalling my front driveshaft, after doing the clutch job earlier this summer.
Rotated the tires.
Painted almost everything on the underside of the Jeep in preparation for the coming salt attack.
Replaced the spark plugs. Can't say my butt dyno noticed an on road performance difference with the plugs, but the idle is noticeably better/smoother. Any increase in gas mileage? We'll see.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should protect it.

Remember my other thread about greases.
I posted a link about lanolin based oil

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor
was cited and it actually comes in cans and spray adapters to coat your undercarriage and body (seems to be used by the agriculture people)

fluid film is great stuff, if you want reviews of it hit up a toyota tacoma forum, i have a gallon of it and the spraygun it, next weekend i will be cleaning to undercarriage and applying fluid film, and hopefully mounting the rock rails.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fluid film is great stuff, if you want reviews of it hit up a toyota tacoma forum, i have a gallon of it and the spraygun it, next weekend i will be cleaning to undercarriage and applying fluid film, and hopefully mounting the rock rails.

how much fluid film do you need for the whole undercarriage?
Do you spray everything? do you ovoid any parts?
How long does the coating last?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered my 5th tire as a spare to my new tires.
Going to do a 5 tire rotation.

using yoko geolandar a/t-s.
should I rotate it every 1500 miles or 3000 miles?
I came across a post by tjkj that aggressive threads should probably be done every 1500 miles.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered my 5th tire as a spare to my new tires.
Going to do a 5 tire rotation.

using yoko geolandar a/t-s.
should I rotate it every 1500 miles or 3000 miles?

Well rotation schedule is really up to you as long as you do it. I typically just do mine when I do oil changes. So spring and fall. Most places suggest a every other oil change (6k miles).

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run synthetic oil, change it around 6k miles. That takes me through one year, or a little more. So I'm better off rotating the tires every oil change. But this time, my rotation was overdue, so it fell at the halfway mark.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much fluid film do you need for the whole undercarriage?
Do you spray everything? do you ovoid any parts?
How long does the coating last?

2 aerosol cans would be enough, i spray almost everything,

parts to avoid:
exhaust
brakes
plastic (it doesn't hurt the plastic but it is wasteful to coat something that can't rust)

process:

get a tyvek suit, gloves, facemask, etc... and suit up

put the jeep on jackstands or a set of ramps

pressure wash the underside to remove as much dirt/tar/crud as possible

with a spray bottle of degreaser and a semi stiff bristle wheel/tire brush clean everything you can and rinse everything very well

once it is rinsed clean it needs to be dry, many ways to skin this cat, leaf blower, hot summer day, heater, compressed air, once it is dry let it sit for a while to air out and be sure it is dry

now is a good time to touch up and rust spots with paint

let the paint cure fully before coating the painted areas, (so either skip them for now or do this process again in 2 or 3 weeks).

spray the fluid film everywhere you can, they sell a wand for reaching inside frame rails.

hit the bushings and suspension if you want, it wont harm them and will lubricate/protect them

no cure time needed as the fluid film does not harden or dry.

i let it sit for a few hours to work it's way into tight spots. feel free to hit areas like the inside of crossmembers/frame rails with cavity wax after.

also a good idea to spray fluid film inside the doors at the bottom seam (clean and dry the area first)

i would recoat every 6 months (future applications are faster if you keep up with it, just pressure wash, dry, and spray)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
2 aerosol cans would be enough, i spray almost everything...

This is an intriguing idea. How long have you been doing it and how well would you gauge it's effectiveness?

(Sorry, I've been applying for jobs all morning and have read too many Job Application questions.) :icon_lol:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have used it for a few years, my uncle has used it for a long time. i would say it works extremely well. my jeep was 3 years old when i got it and the previous owner did not take extremely good care of it. it works for preventing rust better than anything else i have found. it doesn't dry or harden so it doesn't crack and allow road salt, water, and dirt to get trapped between it and the surface it is protecting. i am using it now to stop the rust that has already formed and i eventually will repaint the spots and then use sem undercoating and fluid film over that.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside the driver's door not wanting to open from the inside, suspect the rod is undone needs to be re-attached at the latch itself since when I pull on the handle inside the door becomes unlocked. I will take care of it tomorrow should be a quick easy fix, I have gotten news from both friends in the UK and Australia that all my parts are being shipped out so they should arrive in the next couple weeks. Hopefully fingers are crossed that our BCM's are already programmed with the Rear Fog set up so this job will be all straight plug and play.