What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully in the next month or 2 I'll be parting out the 06 silver I have here.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What make/model for the headlights?
Thanks, Mike
Got the TYC headlights on Rockauto for about $30 each, though you can find other brand headlights on RA for barely $20 each o_O

From what I could "learn" by "researching" online, the TYC brand is about as "good" as you can get for aftermarket headlights and housings ... NOT that the CAPA certification they sometimes use really means anything other then that the headlights are "insurance company approved" and therefore collision repair shops can get reimbursed for using them.

That said, I also used some Sylvania headlight UV protective wipes on them, hoping that they'll last at least a few years.

Additionally, I always try to park in shade or inside if I can, and if not, then with the headlights pointing AWAY from the sun.

Last edited:

mike

Reaction score
Got the TYC headlights on Rockauto for about $30 each

Additionally, I always try to park in shade or inside if I can, and if not, then with the headlights pointing AWAY from the sun.
Thanks seafish. I seem to recall the TYC brand from when I was looking into replacement lights a while back. Our 07 libby has the originals; they're about as yellow as could be.
It lives in a carport, always in the shade.

Omargz

Reaction score
This should be a great thread that we can keep going. That way we can all keep up with the small day to day tinkering and give some ideas to those looking to do something! Pics are strongly encouraged!!! (Cheers)
Replacing upper and lower ball joints, right side done. Hopefully finish the left today.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it warms up here I'm going to sand my headlights and clearcoat them, that should sort them out, I've used the polishing kits before but they don't last long in the sun.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please explain

This--

When it warms up here I'm going to sand my headlights and clearcoat them, that should sort them out, I've used the polishing kits before but they don't last long in the sun.

UV degradation from exposure to sunlight is what destroys ANY plastic, depending on how much UV protectant that the manufacturer added to the plastic during the manufacturing process.

The chemicals in UV shields are expensive, so generally the cheaper that the headlights are, the less of it has been added and the quicker they will yellow and degrade.

Adding a UV protector after cleaning and polishing, or to brand new aftermarket headlights, will make the headlight last longer (yellow more slowly). It can be bough in wipe on, spray on and also applied film form, in that order of ease of use and expense.

Like KJowner says, simply cleaning and polishing a headlight is good, but properly adding a final coat of UV inhibitors will make the elbow grease you just applied to your headlights last longer.

ikuo78

Reaction score
Last week I changed the end eye bushing on the rear shock.

95% of car noise has been reduced.

Tapered bush with maximum diameter of 29.6mm, inner diameter of 16mm, and width of 36mm.
I used it as a set with a collar with an outer diameter of 16 mm and a width of 40 mm, and I attached it without crushing the bush, and it was a reasonable fit.
4 for ¥750 ($5).
This is a third party product for Toyota Town Ace.

The shock is RC, but it hasn't run out of gas yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I put the Onki Stainless steel bullbar back on Giddyup.

While obviously not as sturdy, or nice, as an ARB bumper, I have no need for a winch and there are plenty of deer and other larger critters around here, and this thing is sturdy enough and tall enough and mounted well enough to keep them from going through through the radiator etc. or through the windshield if I happen to hit them dead on.
That said, I do ALWAYS try to hit them on their haunches...hmmm....somehow that sounds just a little wrong, but I'm just gonna let the statement stand on its own. :eek:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please DO help me decide which lights to mount on the bull bar here--

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please DO help me decide which lights to mount on the bull bar here--

I would go with a slim led bar as to not block anymore airflow through the rad.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a slim led bar as to not block anymore airflow through the rad.
Hmmm... not really worried about that at all...it not as if the lights will be anywhere near right up against the grill, they also have curved backs and for sure air is gonna flow right around them ...also have the just installed 11 blade fan on the HD clutch and the electric fan is also working great now. In fact, I love hearing the HD fan wind down on the clutch every time I shut the engine off. That said, Im sure that MPG will suffer some with them.

But go ahead and check out the thread I posted with pics and vote!!!

Last edited:

jmoehlenpah

Reaction score
So I'm new to the group. I inherited a 2005 jeep liberty from my mom because she was done messing with it. haha. but this last weekend I did both front upper control arms, all rotors and pads and front caliper brackets. I also installed my ham radio. Next weekend I will tackle the oil pan gasket.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hmmm... not really worried about that at all...it not as if the lights will be anywhere near right up against the grill, they also have curved backs and for sure air is gonna flow right around them ...also have the just installed 11 blade fan on the HD clutch and the electric fan is also working great now. In fact, I love hearing the HD fan wind down on the clutch every time I shut the engine off. That said, Im sure that MPG will suffer some with them.

But go ahead and check out the thread I posted with pics and vote!!!
What he means is lights and bullbars create turbulence which interferes with how air flows through the radiator. doesn't matter how aerodynamic the are. You've got an overkill fan, so that helps rectify the issue when crawling along off road when flow is low. At highway speeds the fan shouldn't be running but airflow is in excess so no issue.

Personally not a fan of bumper light bars. Noisy as hell. Properly adjusted pods actually work better and can be adjusted to fill in the gaps.

With the Liberty's relatively dim head lamps and all but useless fogs I found that pods mounted at the base of the windshield on each corner and a 42" top bar provide the best supplemental lighting.