What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha yea. I don’t do rock auto for ANY part that I wish to have an actual warranty on. I just use them for throwaway parts aka wiper blades etc

Honestly ordering from Quadratec was a sh!tshow. I have to call again Monday as I still have not been refunded for the 2 seals they did not send but canceled

Odd... I just did an order with rock auto not long ago, and one of the outer tie rods was machined incorrectly from the factory. Did the online replacement form, got it the new part in two days, and had a pre-paid return shipping label in my hand minutes after completing the process. Other than NOT getting a bad part (not rock auto's fault) the process was painless.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd... I just did an order with rock auto not long ago, and one of the outer tie rods was machined incorrectly from the factory. Did the online replacement form, got it the new part in two days, and had a pre-paid return shipping label in my hand minutes after completing the process. Other than NOT getting a bad part (not rock auto's fault) the process was painless.
My experience , which I’m not saying is typical for everyone , was flat out being ghosted by RA for multiple warranty returns. Their reps made every excuse about the part failures vs worn;needs replacing. Then they would ghost me. AND shipping charges for cores and warranty returns - I’d rather do that business locally then.
Again RA Is cheap enough for throwaway parts or something you’re not looking to exercise the warranty

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only buy consumables like filters and non-mechanical parts from RA.
warranty is a hassle w/ them.

Glued the rear view mirror button.
Noticed my read window pad is starting to come off.
P/S high pressure line has some atf on it. hm......

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the oil. Right on the line. This may mean that the motor doesn't burn any (significant) oil. They all burn or use a tad, but the lesser, the better.

Indicates that the motor may well be in good condition.

Mileage is also indicating that.

Checked the air in my leaky tire. Not down. It only leaks some of the time. Still don't know what I can do about that.

Jeep continues to start and run when I need it to.

I got the front bumper cover and headlight and power steering reservoir on my car. I can actually drive it without a hood. Which I will start to do soon. I had the windshield put in 2 weeks ago.

40 mpg going to work is always better than 20 mpg.

I just need to get up to the big city junkyards and get a hood for the car. Then, back to work on the Jeep.
dc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
20 MPG and driving a good looking, well built 4WD and being cool is always better than driving a " car " IMO :)
and I drive over 90 miles a day now
Have never had a " car " as a DD since 1972.
Had ones for fun, 55 Chevy 302 Z motor M22, AAR Cuda, 67 Vette 427 4 spd , 32 Ford 396 etc but never a DD

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those deer are still out there, and they are definitely after that Jeep. So I'm a little paranoid.

If I really wanted to be cool, I'd ride my motorcycle to work. Last two summers I did that. I get about 55 mpg there.

But if I had hit that deer with the bike, it would have been far less fun.

There are deer hunters around here, and a lot of them. Just not enough.

When I was a kid in Michigan and deer hunting, we never saw any deer, there were so many hunters.

In fact, I never saw a live deer til I became an adult, moved to California, and then visited Utah. And then most of the ones I saw were laying dead on the side of the road.

One of the reasons I bought the Jeep was that I knew those deer were eventually going to knock my car out of service, at least for a while. And I still don't think they are done with it.
dc

Kinda sorta washed the Jeep today. Put some tire cleaner on the front tires, they had a lot of caked on brake dust on them. And used car wash gel on the sides, then the hose. It actually came very clean and shiny. I'm going to have to get a full coat of wax on it, but that has to cover a lot of acreage on that job.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you get it please report back if it worked for you or not. If it does i will replace my janky setup for a proper MOPAR hose.
The Mopar hose for the PCV valve arrived tonight. I’ll have a go at installing it tomorrow. Here’s what it looks like, with the part number.

You must be registered for see images attach

That’s my 35 mm axle nut socket there on the right. Close enough for the 34 mm PCV valve I think.

Reaction score
The Mopar hose for the PCV valve arrived tonight. I’ll have a go at installing it tomorrow. Here’s what it looks like, with the part number.

That’s my 35 mm axle nut socket there on the right. Close enough for the 34 mm PCV valve I think.

If it does work, i hope it will work on an 07. I see you have an 08

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the stock configuration on my 08 before doing anything to the PCV.

Different view, also drivers side. You can see the original hose goes under the throttle body.

Passengers side view.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new hose is a different shape and goes over the top of the throttle body.

Drivers side view, new hose set next to existing hose:

Top/passengers side view:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The new hose is a different shape and goes over the top of the throttle body.

Drivers side view, new hose set next to existing hose:

Top/passengers side view:

Looks like a fun little job
Good luck

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to the hardware store and bought a 4x8 sheet of osb. Paid way too much but that is the highway robbery price they are charging now. I suppose it is due to that pathetic and unnecessary and useless government regulations that are currently going into effect.

Found that a 4x8 sheet will not fit into the back cargo area of the KK. Went back and pulled the trailer over to get the osb.

Fortunately didn't go to Home Depot for the osb, as that is 50 miles. Too far to have to go back with the trailer.
dc

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's why I bought a cheap ass minivan. :D

$250. goes, stops, turns. 191k. has the Active Weight Reduction program in effect, but who cares. Interior is clean (especially after I went to town on it with a steamer/vac), has 2 1 year old tires, brakes, battery, fuel pump. stow-n-go seats, will hold a 4x8 sheet flat no problem.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove to the hardware store and bought a 4x8 sheet of osb. Paid way too much but that is the highway robbery price they are charging now. I suppose it is due to that pathetic and unnecessary and useless government regulations that are currently going into effect.

Found that a 4x8 sheet will not fit into the back cargo area of the KK. Went back and pulled the trailer over to get the osb.

Fortunately didn't go to Home Depot for the osb, as that is 50 miles. Too far to have to go back with the trailer.
dc
I have about twenty tape measuring devices, want me to send ya one so you'll know what fits and what doesn't ? ;)
Way off base on why prices are up, but we do not discuss politics here, so you'll figure out the real reason soon :)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MarksmanAkula, I extended my breather hoses so some of them on the firewall will be different than yours. But I am interested in whether the rest looks the same in your 07.

Reaction score
@MarksmanAkula, I extended my breather hoses so some of them on the firewall will be different than yours. But I am interested in whether the rest looks the same in your 07.

I should have gotten more photos, but I will tomorrow night. Girlfriend has the jeep back as she's back in town, and she's off shopping at the moment.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's why I bought a cheap ass minivan. :D

$250. goes, stops, turns. 191k. has the Active Weight Reduction program in effect, but who cares. Interior is clean (especially after I went to town on it with a steamer/vac), has 2 1 year old tires, brakes, battery, fuel pump. stow-n-go seats, will hold a 4x8 sheet flat no problem.

I don't get very many 4x8 sheets of anything.
dc