What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the noise. The passenger side CV is toast. I’ll probably go to a shop for that. I don’t have room at the moment.

There’s also oil leaking from the axle on that side. Is that an outer seal, or an inner seal I’m looking at? Is that a sign that the half shaft bearing is toast?

Replace the Intermediate shaft as well, they wear together so replacing just the CV and not the Intermediate will cause excessive wear quicker
and a NAPA remanned is best and the right length, some of the " Zones " etc are not the right length

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
I believe in squeezing every bit of use out of the stuff I buy.
You must be registered for see images attach

That's impressive, way better than my busted wheel bearing/hub that I drove home on instead of calling a tow truck. It was held on by the brake caliper bracket and CV axle nut.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In terms of needing brakes, many people don't realize that if they take their foot off the accelerator, the vehicle slows down, and ultimately stops.

In terms of me needing brakes, two deer this (last?) year trotted out in front of me. One, kept moving, and hitting my brakes hard, I missed him by an inch. 65 mph.

The other just stopped right in front of me. 35 or 40 mph. By the time I got on the brakes I had already hit him. Maybe got half my speed off. No damage to the car but I didn't stop to check his legs.

But my dangerous old worn out brakes worked as best as any could, once I got on them.

Lane splitting (so called in California, lane sharing elsewhere) is legal in California. Too many people come from out of state and don't know that. It is safer than being rear ended by some idiot diddling with their telephone. It's dangerous, and takes special skills, but not as dangerous as being rear ended. It's not unusual to have out of staters (out of California) argue against it, so I'm glad to not see that here. Utah has adopted last year some limited lane splitting. Not the smart part of it, but at least some, and what would you expect. This is ... Utah.

I have ordered a compression tester, I couldn't find mine, I may have left it in Los Angeles. Also Chilton book, I got it, and Haynes book, oil filter and some misc. parts. And a trans dip stick. I'm still trying to figure out if the a/t filter has a round or oval hote.

I'm looking for HOAT coolant. Prestone says 'all vehicles'. I'm not ready to go with that.
dc

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks rider, I ordered two of those, not from that company, but a cheaper source.

I didn't look in the stores. There are not to many stores here and they don't have much stock.

I also got the concentrate. I can't see paying for half a gallon of water.
dc

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Thanks rider, I ordered two of those, not from that company, but a cheaper source.

I didn't look in the stores. There are not to many stores here and they don't have much stock.

I also got the concentrate. I can't see paying for half a gallon of water.
dc

Yeah, that was just to show you what to look for.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Cut another 4" off the roof, think my Liberty pickup is looking better and getting closer to completion every day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Before the cut

After the cut

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

Reaction score
Got the jeep back from the detailers. They did a wonderful job but some stains still remain from the previous owners (They were damn slobs. I had to replace the carpet because of them)
Seat covers go on tomorrow, whole 3 piece set.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Went for a drive in my back yard and for the first time did not get stuck, kids had a blast too!

I am working on my suspension lift this week too.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Jump started it to go to the hardware store for replacement bolts for my snowblower.

Felt kind of surreal to be smiling at people in the store and trying to act normal as I learned that my dad had passed away this morning. :(

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump started it to go to the hardware store for replacement bolts for my snowblower.

Felt kind of surreal to be smiling at people in the store and trying to act normal as I learned that my dad had passed away this morning. :(

I’m really sorry. I learned my dad passed when I was halfway home in an attempt to beat Death. It’s pretty surreal; I don’t remember the rest of the trip at all. The whole weekend is a blur.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Condolences. They’re always taken too soon. I’d trade anything and everything to have a day with my dad again. You’ll be in my prayers.

Reaction score

Very sorry for your loss. Condolences for you and your family.

Latest posts

Members online