Well might be getting a 2nd KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

Found a pretty good deal it's an 05 limited Trail Rated 4x4 KJ with FULL TIME 4WD.. It's got actual 100K miles on it because it was mostly towed behind an RV but the actual Engine only has about 15K.. 4x4 wasn't even used they only want $9950 for it.. It comes with the chrome package, 6 disc cd changer, fully painted bumpers and fenders, 17 inch rims, mopar security package for the rear, towing hitch and hook up, heated leather seats and best of all SUNROOF AND EVIC... Gotta love it... Trying to convince the girlfriend I need this (rotflmao)

Reaction score
man idk. why get 2 gas monsters? atleast get a cj or something that is sfa or something efficient to save miles and gas on your liberty

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The odo says 100K? Then it has 100k on it.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if it's being flat towed and the the key is off, then it's not going to be racking up miles like the old mechanical odo vehicles would.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The odo says 100K? Then it has 100k on it.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if it's being flat towed and the the key is off, then it's not going to be racking up miles like the old mechanical odo vehicles would.

Yeah, how would the miles get on it?

To flat tow a KJ you put the t-case in N (this disconnects the drivetrain) and leave A/T in P and you do not turn the key on since the steering wheel does not lock. I think that's how you do it. The odometer shouldn't register miles unless I am missing something. I need another cup of coffee.

Dave

L

lil black liberty

Interesting... I don't honestly know whats the best way to tell? Can I check the Engine Time on the Evic? Because I think this salesman who is trying to sell it to me from a dealer is full of bologna..

L

lil black liberty

Kinda hard to tell on the interior since it's leather seats and they look brand new... the carpet and everything is super clean no stains nothing.. even the exterior is amazing no dents, scratches, scuffs nothing.. it looks as if it was just towed everywhere...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell on the interior since it's leather seats and they look brand new... the carpet and everything is super clean no stains nothing.. even the exterior is amazing no dents, scratches, scuffs nothing.. it looks as if it was just towed everywhere...

With a 100K miles on it I think you might mean .... it looks as if it was just driven everywhere....

The system is electronic, the vehicle was on, and running, in order to amass that sort of mileage. Sorry dude, the salesman has NO idea what he's talking about. Most don't nowadays anyways. Just ask the dude who thinks my Renegade came with leather seats...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i've towed modern vehicles with the digital odometer... Even if the key is ON and the vehicle in neutral, UNLESS its running it won't rack up miles on the odometer.

I know this for a fact as i towed a friends dodge dakota once about 4 miles down the road, he was on the side of the road near town with a oil leak. He turned on his ignition so he could turn on his lights and hazards and put it in neutral. We are going along and he asks me, we had a pair of frs radios, why his odometer isn't changing. Ever since then i knew they don't.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO run...run!

Doesn't start good when the salesman lies to your face.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah what they said.(yeahthat)

If the "boss" would ever let me get another Jeep it would most certainly be a YJ or MJ. Actually I would LOVE a short box 4x4 MJ with a 4.0 and AX15.

Time to hit Craigslist!

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you didn't learn with the first kj? What is wrong with you?!:D

I would personally skip it. If you really want another KJ be patient and keep a sharp eye out for a diesel. Had I done actual research I would have kept the old ride and searched for a diesel.

To be fair I do like my KJ and if money were not an issue I would have that new special edition f150 (raptor or something like that I think) or a lifted f250 with a diesel. But I don't live at home and have to pay rent :p

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
man idk. why get 2 gas monsters? atleast get a cj or something that is sfa or something efficient to save miles and gas on your liberty

Like a 1994 Toyota Paseo! :D
Interesting... I don't honestly know whats the best way to tell? Can I check the Engine Time on the Evic? Because I think this salesman who is trying to sell it to me from a dealer is full of bologna..

They always are.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful dude. Used car dealers are lying bastards. My dealer told me that mine was a 4x4 when I asked. He took advantage of me. Don't trust them

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
That's why every business exists. to make money. Nobody goes into business and says GEE, I WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY I CAN LOSE DOING THIS.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep most of the businesses out there today only care about making money. It's just like the place I work for. I only make $9.75 an hour at my job and I've been there 4 years. I've seen there profit sheets and they can afford to pay us more. What happened to honesty? What is happening to this country? Soon there will be no good jobs thanks to corporate greed.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me add to that… Harley Davidson is here in my hometown. It is in serious trouble and there was debate about it leaving York. In the end the workers voted to keep Harley in York even tho 70% of them lost there jobs. I saw an article in the newspaper the other day stating that the new Harley Davidson CEO is set to make 6 million this year. Why???????? This makes no sense the company is trouble. Corporate greed might destroy this country.