Well I've joined the window regulator replacement club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot about the failure of the power window motors or the window regulators on our Jeeps but I've been lucky that I haven't had any problems...until last week.

My passenger's side window failed to roll done all the way and this cable popped up.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was able to find a video on YouTube that explained how to do the job and I was able to buy a replacement window regulator from a wrecking yard for $100.
The job only took about twenty minutes in my driveway.

I guess now that I'm a member of the window regulator replacement club.
Do I get a membership card???

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Fix that pic, I just kinked my neck trying to look at it!
Ya that *****, got duct tape? :icon_lol:
Take door panel off & see what's really going on..time for a Steiger repair...

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver front window had to have motor replaced due to occasional dead motor. Slam the door a few times and it'd work again.

Got lucky, my next door neighbor at work's a used car lot. He called me to see if I'd come over and help him bleed some brakes "just can't seem to get enough air out for em to work". Stepped over, looked and began to laugh. He'd changed both calipers and swapped sides with the new ones!! Meant the bleeders were on the bottom:happy175: After he got over a bit of the embarrassment, I hit him up to change my window motor. He did it as a "stupid charge" for having me step over.:gr_grin:

Bob

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a trip planned for last weekend so I needed my window fixed quick.
That's why I bought local.

I've heard of a few people that have had good buys off of online parts dealers or eBay but I didn't have the time for a shipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score