well go figure.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
so i'm doing a tune up this afternoon, got the coils out, and started removing the plugs. They all came out with a decent ammount of force, except for the 2nd one on the passenger side. Absolutely did not want to come out. Finally gave it all I had and it broke free....but at the same time i heard a loud SNAP.....thought to my self, what the hell was that?? Didn't think much of it at the time though. So i proceed to install the new plugs, and lo and behold, the yellow plastic part that you grab on to to pull the dip stick out fell on the ground. So now my dipstick has a small piece of yellow plastic inside of it, and it's now flush with the metal tube that it sits inside. And now i've gotta go the dealer and get ***** on buying a new one, and hope I can cross drill the old one out....

MOTHER (censored)!!!!!!!!!!!!

feel free to start making guesses as to how much the freekin stick is gonna cost.

ohh and BTW....installed Champion Copper plugs and it runs better than new. :)

update: pic:
You must be registered for see images

jkmansell

Reaction score
Part Number 53013719AA Cost 7.60

I could find that much in my YJ's console... (Cheers)

2003KJ

Reaction score
hmmmmm. My dealers website allows you to order parts online. When i typed in that part number it comes back as "Indicator Transmission".

And how did you find that part number anyways???...lol

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, sorry man. That always worries me about putting too much force on something... [-o<

Good luck on the part!

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dip Stick

Here's the number from an 03 & 05 parts list: 53021 026AH. From the 04 parts list it is 53021 026AG. It's listed as INDICATOR, Engine Oil Level.

WTF ever happened to the term 'dipstick'. Everyone know what it is, let's keep the English language as simple as possible. Why, oh why, did Jeep find it necessary to change the part number for 1 year then change it back? I don't think the parts would be any different.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try drilling like a 1/8" hole in it, insert something like a dry wall screw into the hole and use that to pull it out, should work

Bob

2003KJ

Reaction score
Re: Dip Stick

VTNomad said:
Here's the number from an 03 & 05 parts list: 53021 026AH. From the 04 parts list it is 53021 026AG. It's listed as INDICATOR, Engine Oil Level.

WTF ever happened to the term 'dipstick'. Everyone know what it is, let's keep the English language as simple as possible. Why, oh why, did Jeep find it necessary to change the part number for 1 year then change it back? I don't think the parts would be any different.

thanks a MILLION!!!! \:D/

Looks like its only a $1.60 part....cool beans!!!

jkmansell

Reaction score
jkmansell said:
Part Number 53013719AA Cost 7.60

I could find that much in my YJ's console... (Cheers)

Information came from Mitchell1's Q1 2006 Estimator. Listed in the transmission breakdown.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Gentleman said:
Try drilling like a 1/8" hole in it, insert something like a dry wall screw into the hole and use that to pull it out, should work

Bob

That was my plan for getting the old one out. Problem is I dont want any chuncks of plastic getting into the engine compartment.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Gentleman said:

Bob

That was my plan for getting the old one out. Problem is I dont want any chuncks of plastic getting into the engine compartment.

Barely start a drill hole for about a #4 sheet metal screw and then let the screw do the rest. Don't drive it too far in or it could expand the plastic and make the dip stick fit tighter in the hole. It shouldn't take too much of a pull to get it out.

I think they quit using "dip stick" because it was a politically incorrect name for someone who reefed too ******* his spark plugs. I can say that since I have a CRD! \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
2003KJ said:
Gentleman said:

Bob

Barely start a drill hole for about a #4 sheet metal screw and then let the screw do the rest. Don't drive it too far in or it could expand the plastic and make the dip stick fit tighter in the hole. It shouldn't take too much of a pull to get it out.

I think they quit using "dip stick" because it was a politically incorrect name for someone who reefed too ******* his spark plugs. I can say that since I have a CRD! \:D/

well had the damn thing come out like the rest of them did...we wouldn't have this problem....I blame it entirely on the Jeep...LOL

2003KJ

Reaction score
part cost about 2.90 with tax....cost me more in friggin gas to drive the 10 miles down and 10 miles back than it did to get the actual part. Took all of a minute to drill the old one out and put the new one in.