Weird PSI.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting different PSI reading for quite some time now. Do you get the same? I mean after setting it the right PSI (33) and i check it maybe 3 days after or more it goes up to about 35 to 39. Is there an explanation for this? Is it normal?

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it depends?? what is the temp of the tire (or the air in it) when set vs. when rechecked? hotter temps = more PSI

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal,hotter temps = higher psi.Try checking the psi when one side of the KJ is in the sun while the other is in the shade,you will have as much as a 5psi difference between the 2 sides because the side in the sun will heat up the air in the tires.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting different PSI reading for quite some time now. Do you get the same? I mean after setting it the right PSI (33) and i check it maybe 3 days after or more it goes up to about 35 to 39. Is there an explanation for this? Is it normal?

Weather. Driving.

Basically your psi will fluctuate based on those conditions. I filled my tires in the cold part of the winter- now that spring is here, my tires were higher pressure than my original fill pressure.

Reaction score
my overhead monitor says 40 for my left front but i used a hand held tire pressure monitor and i lowered it to 32. the overhead thing still says 40. whats going on with that thing?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It takes them awhile to adjust.

The other day mine were 34.5 psi cold and after driving for an hour they went up to 40psi. People do not understand how important it is to check their tire pressure often. Its funny when you see 100,000 threads in the fall asking "WHY IS THIS LITTLE LIGHT ON." :rolleyes:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I check mine I do it first thing in the morning before it is driven and the sun has not been beating on them all day like tjkj said. Then they are cold. After you have driven on them they heat up and the air expands and it could be 5 or 6 pounds higher. So you should always check them/air them up cold. Anyway, that's what I do.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online