Weird creaking noise passenger rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marky38

Reaction score
2007 Liberty..I am now getting a weird creaking/grinding noise from the passenger rear area when braking moderately..it's quite noticable...the rear brake are pretty new....could a rotted frames cause this noise?...the frame on this is not too good in the rear control arm area..mabee I shock creaking in the back?..thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20230221_131955917.jpg
    IMG_20230221_131955917.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 15

marky38

Reaction score
2007 Liberty..I am now getting a weird creaking/grinding noise from the passenger rear area when braking moderately..it's quite noticable...the rear brake are pretty new....could a rotted frames cause this noise?...the frame on this is not too good in the rear control arm area..mabee I shock creaking in the back?..thanks!
Seems like this started after having it to the shop to get the front drive shaft removed..the noise could have been there before but nearly as bad..I could be mistaken too I really don't know

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be you are hearing the control arm mount flexing due to the lack of metal around it.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That needs welding up ASAP, if the arm comes off it will end badly for someone.

Latest posts

Members online