weight comparison 16" moabs vs. 16x7 soft 8s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to look for a new set of wheels for my '02 liberty, but am wondering about the weight of steel wheels over alloys. Has anyone directly compared the moabs vs. soft 8s in terms of weight? Are the soft 8s a lot heavier because they are steel? I don't want to affect my gas mileage too much as its my DD.

Thanks in advance...

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to look for a new set of wheels for my '02 liberty, but am wondering about the weight of steel wheels over alloys. Has anyone directly compared the moabs vs. soft 8s in terms of weight? Are the soft 8s a lot heavier because they are steel? I don't want to affect my gas mileage too much as its my DD.

Thanks in advance...

Moabs are almost exactly the same as the factory steel wheels. If I remember correctly they are around 28lbs. Soft 8's are a good bit heavier. Go to the manufacturer's Web site, most of them will list the weights.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya couldn't find it for the moabs, but found the spec sheet on the soft 8s:

If anyone is interested:
15x8 - 28lbs
16x7 - 33lbs
16x8 - 37lbs

Seems like they are quite heavy compared to factory wheels

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MOAB's(16x8 TJ kind) are forged alloy rims so they will be heavier then a comparable cast alloy 16x8 wheel but also a lot stronger.I have a set of 15x10 steel wheels(crager soft 8) and they advertise 34lbs but more like 30lbs actual weight and they say my 16x10 alloy wheels(cast alloy) are 38lbs but more like 25lbs.Don't believe the advertised weight.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.