WARN Stubby Bumper Proposal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think just a general bracket to adapt a TJ or JK bumper to a KJ would be awesome. Then one could mount any bumper from one of the above they choose. I like this TJ bumper on the KJ.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think just a general bracket to adapt a TJ or JK bumper to a KJ would be awesome. Then one could mount any bumper from one of the above they choose. I like this TJ bumper on the KJ.

That one is not bad, see full width looks better of course still would not work on the 02-04

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that one is decent, side shot might change my opinion. Ive never even seen an ARB on a KJ in person and would need to see any bumper in person to have a real opinion.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That's awesome, what bumper is that? Now if we could get brackets done and then throw a bumper like that on and be less than an ARB, well that sounds mighty enticing. :gr_grin:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested in a better front bumper.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and jump on this train of very interested KJ owners. This would be a great alternative to the ARB bumper, and really would open up a lot more bumper options for us.

I have an '02, and wouldn't be against fabbing up inserts for the negative space that the grill creates.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of a generic mount for Jk bumpers too. Both options would need a winch mount option

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some ....
as long as its cheap..............
don't care what it looks like.............
for me looks matter as much as how strong and how it works
haven't seen anything yet in a JK/TJ bumper that changes my mind
IF THERE would of been I would of produced the bracket 4-5 years ago instead of throwing the plans on the top shelf in the garage and letting them lay there

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying Tom, is that while it's possible to make a bracket work, the strength of the mount is your concern? That's a serious concern. How far did you get into the design before you decided to scrap it? Perhaps you can share some insight on why you put it on the shelf.

If this is going to be a worthwhile endeavor, then it needs to not only be aesthetically pleasing, but functional as well. I'd be rather ticked off if I went to winch for the first time and ripped my new bumper off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So what you're saying Tom, is that while it's possible to make a bracket work, the strength of the mount is your concern? That's a serious concern. How far did you get into the design before you decided to scrap it? Perhaps you can share some insight on why you put it on the shelf.

If this is going to be a worthwhile endeavor, then it needs to not only be aesthetically pleasing, but functional as well. I'd be rather ticked off if I went to winch for the first time and ripped my new bumper off.

NO a mount such as the one I designed would be stronger than 98% of the TJ/JK bumpers out there
, sort of designed around the ARB mounting system witch not only mounts on each side but also middle as well .
As far as why......??? just stated above why in a previous post...................

While there are some that look good on a TJ or JK they just don't on a KJ.

Last edited:

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, what bumper is that? Now if we could get brackets done and then throw a bumper like that on and be less than an ARB, well that sounds mighty enticing. :gr_grin:
It's a TJ bumper a that was on Amazon for $210 shipped. Can find it on there anymore.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
China here we come for cheap bumpers ............
What the hell Tom. So what if it's made in China, or the UAE like this one was I believe. Not everyone can afford a $900 jda bumper which is really over priced for what it is. or a damn $1300 ARB. Which in my opinion really looks bad on the Kj. Seams like all you do is have negitive things to say about other people's choices. So do you have a better more affordable American made option that the every day jeep owner can afford. That isn't a third of the value of their kj. If so please share.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some, it's either their way or no way..
Their opinions outweigh everybody else's in every aspect, especially when they're an "expert" on the best vehicle to have ever been manufactured

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What the hell Tom. So what if it's made in China, or the UAE like this one was I believe. Not everyone can afford a $900 jda bumper which is really over priced for what it is. or a damn $1300 ARB. Which in my opinion really looks bad on the Kj. Seams like all you do is have negitive things to say about other people's choices. So do you have a better more affordable American made option that the every day jeep owner can afford. That isn't a third of the value of their kj. If so please share.

Not at all, but have you looked at some of those bumpers coming over from China ? They are crap, crap welds, cheaply made
Is that what you want for a front bumper that may hit deer etc ?
Thats suppose to be protecting the front of the Jeep or do you just want to for the looks.
Plus I just say what we talk about on PMs etc with others
Good costs money in anything we buy
Do you buy the cheapest TV, range, fridge or do you find something that is quality made that you can afford but will last ???

Do I have an alternative, yes but problem is to make a truly strong / well made / good looking bumper here in the USA you are looking at a bumper with retail of about 800-850 depending which only 10 % want since most don't think a KJ is worth putting that kind of money into , but it is or would be very trick for sure. ( at least to stand up to my standards )

by the way............I'm just here to comfort disturbed people and disturb comfortable people.
and I have succeeded LMAO

Last edited: