Wanted: Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a set of 4 wheel spacers. 1.5" for 5x4.5 bolt. If anyone has a set laying around let me know a price, please and thank you!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheel spacers is asking for trouble. just get to proper backspacing on your rims

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheel spacers is asking for trouble. just get to proper backspacing on your rims

Just like everything else, keep them torque up, use red locktite and check them periodically. You won't have a promblem. Not even with your hub bearings, wheel spacers, ie spidertrax with the lugs attached to the spacer, are pushing yoir wheels out just like backspaced rims.

But if you can afford it, just get the rims. They have the cool kid factor!!

I run wheel adapters on my KJ and never have had a promblem. But I check them religiously as I rotate my tires. I've been thru a set of yoka tires and goodyears with the spacers and have done a brake job recently. No promblems.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all fine and dandy regarding the wheels spacer issue. Thank you for your input.

I want the spacers for when I swap my wheels/tires to go have fun. Throw on the spacers real quick, Toss on my extra set of stock rims with the Mud tires on them, then hit the mud for some fun. It's that rainy time of the year here in Iowa.

I was mostly just hoping to pick up a cheap set of spacers to use while in the mud. I actually kind of like the way the stockers look after I painted them black/red though so figure it'd be cheaper to just keep those and toss on spacers when I'm putting them on to go out.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy how many of these Liberty's on here have struts on them...:anitoof: Was it hard to convert from a shock to a strut? ....... IM JUST Kidding :Wedgie:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy how many of these Liberty's on here have struts on them...:anitoof: Was it hard to convert from a shock to a strut? ....... IM JUST Kidding :Wedgie:

the fronts are struts and the rears are shocks :Moon:

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the fronts are not struts. Sorry. Struts take the place of an upper control arm and pivot, the KJ's have upper control arms and it does NOT pivot it's essentally a coilover set up, shock with a spring over it....

Last edited:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all the vendors call them struts including Jeepin by al so ill stick with struts but i get what your saying.

man i love how many tangents this thread has gone on!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Hedsic, I have a set of wheel spacers that will fit your needs. Forged aluminum - I used them with my Renegade wheels till I found the Moabs. Didn't run them but maybe 5000 miles.

How about $100 shipped? LMK...

Bob

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i personally wouldn't suggest wheel spacers, i ran them for a while and the lugs pulled through had the left rear tire break off going about 50 down the highway, long story short after replacing the rear shocks and drum and a new hub it wasn't worth it, just get some properly backspaced rims, i am running black rock d's 16X7 4'' backspacing with 245/75 tires and i love how it looks

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The problem with this discussion is that some mistake human error with a bad product.

No offense meant, but if you buy a quality product, torque them properly, use locktite and inspect them at every tire rotation these types of failures do not occur.