vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdxpete

Reaction score
My wife recently purchased a 2007 liberty(2 wd). The veh. runs and drives great but there is a slight vibration. It occurs between 50 and 55mph when slight throttle is applied. Is this common with this veh. ? Jeep was purchased new with 4 miles showing. I see the counter weight on the rear diff. so I now they have been chasing something.:confused:

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would take it back right away and tell them your not happy with your new vehicle purchase and tell them about the counter weight also.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds normal to me also.. Mine has always had minor vibrations. If Im going down the hw and look at the passenger seat, its usually shaking.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Also: Some KJs have the vibration at 45MPH (my '04 had it at this speed), my '06 vibrates at 50MPH, and others at 55MPH, like yours. Every vehicle is slightly different in some mundane way. They may all come off the same line and look the same, but they're... not, and that's why the opinions differ.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the vibration. Sometimes, I don't even believe that I am driving a jeep when coasting at high speeds (60-80 mph)

kdxpete

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My concern is if it drive train related, it might lead to premature bearing failure. I will try to ignore it. Overall I am very happy with the
Jeep and it does go down the highway smooth after 55mph.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My concern is if it drive train related, it might lead to premature bearing failure. I will try to ignore it. Overall I am very happy with the
Jeep and it does go down the highway smooth after 55mph.

Believe me, it takes a while and it's quite frustrating but you'll learn to ignore the Jeep Noises and Shakes before long. :)

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already, try driving in 4 hi - the gear whine was almost as bed as my buddy's 4.11 geared 70 Camaro.