Vent Visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
So... I'm thinking again about buying the weathertech's, but is the 100 bucks for the four of them worth it?? Need a testimonial or something. lol

Bennett

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving behind Phil for 80 miles I noticed how gross the stick on vent visors look, and one of them was loose also.

I kept forgetting to tell him about that. So phil your rear passenger side vent visor is loose.

As far as the weathertechs go... IMHO (what a stupid acronym) I believe that if they are as good as they are said to be, and they are in channel ; than a full set is justified in price at $100.

Of course the only thing that matters is what its worth to you personally.

That is the way I look at all of my mods. I believe that value is in the eye of the beholder.
(Gotta love how I switched that one up \:D/)

BTW- Is $100 the absolute cheapest for the full set. Lets hear some numbers people.

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
So... I'm thinking again about buying the weathertech's, but is the 100 bucks for the four of them worth it?? Need a testimonial or something. lol

Bennett

It's $100.00 well spent. If you don't have anyone in the back seat, then just get the front for now. http://www.weathertech.com/

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Well, my Jeep is going to be sitting in a hot parking lot all day... So I figure the vent visors will keep my jeep a little cooler than being all closed up.
Bennett

Yes, it does benefit during hot days. I keep all windows slightly down to try and catch any circulation through the Jeep. Rain or Shine, I can have the windows open for air.

JFortier777 said:
After driving behind Phil for 80 miles I noticed how gross the stick on vent visors look, and one of them was loose also.

I kept forgetting to tell him about that. So phil your rear passenger side vent visor is loose.

Well, I appreciate your honesty and also letting me know about my passenger vent visor. This will be fixed quickly. I may want to pick up a set of Weathertech's. I never did any looking into vent visors so I never knew I could ones that were molded and not using tape. Oh, I also noticed you can get tinted or Dark Tinted (89.95 for tinted and 94.95 for dark).

Dark Tinted

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
how gross the stick on vent visors look

I got stick ons, and no looseness or bit of peelage after a bit over two years. They don't look that gross..
I always thought the inline visors looked crooked as if they get damaged by the sun because they are so thin.

You must be registered for see images
vs

then of course there are those that cover almost half of the window, now, they look ugly...

dnm45227

Reaction score
Bennett said:
Alright you guys convinced me. I just ordered them!! \:D/

Wow! Just graduated and already throwing cash around.

Bennet, you're a long way from the clickin' for mcnuggets days now.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
ahah yea,

well, got my first pay check the other day, and I really haven't spent much lately and I've been wanting vent visors.. so what the hell why not..
hehe

Bennett

dnm45227

Reaction score
Exactly, you earned it you should treat yourself. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Just got them.... WORTH EVERY PENNY. Love em and fit perfect to give a sleek look.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I got the weathertech's.. I'll post an image up in a bit.

Bennett

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the vent visors affect the roaring/bass rumbling that one gets when trying to go down the road with just the back windows open a bit?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
how gross the stick on vent visors look

I got stick ons, and no looseness or bit of peelage after a bit over two years. They don't look that gross..
I always thought the inline visors looked crooked as if they get damaged by the sun because they are so thin.

vs

then of course there are those that cover almost half of the window, now, they look ugly...

I think those are kinda cheap looking also hyedipin. Mine are much thicker and you cannot see through them.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emoto said:
Do the vent visors affect the roaring/bass rumbling that one gets when trying to go down the road with just the back windows open a bit?
I found this just the other day. Rolled down the two back windows on the highway and thought my eardrums were going to rupture. Seriously, it hurt. If you have not experienced what we are talking about try rolling down just the back windows while you are up at highway speeds. I doubt a visor at the top of the window would do any thing to alleviate this, but if it did that would make it that much easier to justify buying a set.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
To avoid the flapping roar sound, just open two windows slightly, air coming in has to get out from somwhere, and the sound that it makes is trying to come in and get out from the same gap.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
To avoid the flapping roar sound, just open two windows slightly, air coming in has to get out from somwhere, and the sound that it makes is trying to come in and get out from the same gap.

Yes, thanks, that is a good workaround that I figured out shortly after getting my Liberty. What I was hoping for was that the vent shields eliminated this problem. This is the only vehicle I have ever owned to display such severe symptoms of this problem. I have learned to live with it, and it really is a minor problem, but still, if something could make it go away, I would be very happy.

DJBassman

Reaction score
Emoto said:
What I was hoping for was that the vent shields eliminated this problem.

I have the stick on vents (which I like) and I tried that last night, no it does not eliminate the problem.

What would be good if those two back side windows in the cargo area were able to be like vent windows. Then one could open them, better yet, powered vent windows!

Latest posts

Members online