Upsizing the battery...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatchms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 - thanks for clarifying.

renegade 04 - you could also just cut a hole in the included rubber pad the battery sits on, less work than drilling.

Got some proper photos up on the web site:

You must be registered for see images attach

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, at the time I did not know there was a rubber pad on the tray. Just cutting a hole in the tray should work just fine.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally a nice enough day to install.

1st I do not recommend for gas KJ's due to different battery cables then a CRD and you loose the mounting tab for the EVAP purge solenoid.'03's+ gassers may have a easier install with less wiring than '02's in that area.It's a total no-go for any KJ with the 2.4 gas engine due to loosing the mount for the PS reservoir in addition to the EVAP purge.

Besides that I made it work,will have to come up with a better mount for the EVAP purge solenoid but a zip tie works for now.

I do have alot of electrical accesories so the dual terminal group 34 battery was great but a group 65 does not have a option for dual terminals.I bought some remote terminals and 4g jumper wires to make accessory terminals.Drilled and tapped the battery tray to mount them but should have test fit 1st since the negative battery cable was bundled up with the positive and had to un-bundle parts of the battery cable assembly to make enough slack in the cables and to avoid the remote accessory terminals.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow nice Install.
I got to say when you step up $ into the AGM Odyssey series, you got the most powerful batteries period.
I made this comparison Chart between the PC1500 34/78 Dual terminal & the 65- PC1750 Top post.
Don't expect your regular lead acid batteries to even come close to these Odyssey specs.
58039[/ATTACH]"]

Definitely a slight power advantage goes to the PC-1750 (100 extra CCA & 10 minutes more reserve capacity)
The short circuit current 5000Amp is mind blowing! 1900 more Amps than the PC-1500.
I think you could weld even start a 737 with the PC1750.
For most tho just using the stock battery tray and the Odyssey PC-1500 34/78 should be more than enough with a good working alternator.
But then again..more power can be found as has just been demonstrated by Troy's new install. :Insane: :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Odyssey%20Battery%20comparison.jpg
    Odyssey%20Battery%20comparison.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
regarding battery terminals:

You must be registered for see images

I did that. Worked well since the stock terminals on mine had sacrificial ends held on by screws, and they fit perfectly on those adapter ends.

I'll never buy another Odyssey AGM battery again though. I'd like to say their customer service was terrible, but I guess I can't technically claim that as they never responded to any of my contact requests.