upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thisisjason

Reaction score
Hey looking to do some upgrades not a fan of the 3.7 wondering best engine upgrade for a 2011 liberty and a good company for new shocks and a leveling kit

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the 3.7 ??? Strange its a pretty good engine, you take care of it , it takes care of you. Not much you can do unless you want to add one of those tuning kits , CAI adds nothing nor does exhaust
If you don't like the 3.7 why did you buy a KK ? Just curious
No "leveling " kit available you could add a clevis lift and / or a top plate. Clevis will get you 3/4 of an inch, top plate 1/2 inch
Shocks , OME, Ironman or Bilstein

bassmanbob

Reaction score
Hey looking to do some upgrades not a fan of the 3.7 wondering best engine upgrade for a 2011 liberty and a good company for new shocks and a leveling kit

I saw a noticeable difference in throttle response on my 05 with the addition of a K&N "drop-in" style air filter(CAIs are a big waste of money on something like a liberty and even if some say they cant see a noticeable difference with a drop in it IS a filter which can be cleaned so it saves money in the long run.) I also have an engine "tune" with a Hypertech handheld tuner module (Uploads a "tune" to the ECU and changes fuel timings, removes speed limiter, and allows for larger tires/mph correction on our vehicles). The hypertech isn't an add in type module which the computer can relearn against so it makes sense to get more power and better gas mileage.

thisisjason

Reaction score
It's not because its a bad engine it runs well I take very good care of it. Just the shortage of power plus bad mpg. So I either would like a bigger engine to drop in or a way to correct the problems with having the 3.7 0.

Bassmanbob yeah I thought about doing a k&n cooled air filter just didn't want to buy something thats not going to work. But thanks ill I wont buy one now.

Last edited:

thisisjason

Reaction score
I was looking up a leveing kit revtek says they have one that will work are they just false advertising?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking up a leveing kit revtek says they have one that will work are they just false advertising?

Revtek is junk,....period
spacer lift, so adding to worn shocks and springs won't help any and will actually create issues
Also K&N filters , stay away from them as well , good paper filter in the stock box is the best way to go .
Keep fresh plugs in the 3.7 and maintenance up and you're good to go. Mines heavier than the average and I still pull 21-22 on a trip easy running 75 plus. Around town ( if I stay out of the throttle 17-18 ) And I don't have any tuners/or any of that junk on mine

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not because its a bad engine it runs well I take very good care of it. Just the shortage of power plus bad mpg. So I either would like a bigger engine to drop in or a way to correct the problems with having the 3.7 0.

Bassmanbob yeah I thought about doing a k&n cooled air filter just didn't want to buy something thats not going to work. But thanks ill I wont buy one now.
Regear to 4.10's,the only way to get more since the options are extremely limited.

As for air filters since 1996 a "dirty" air filter means nothing as the PCM can and will adjust injector pulse width to compensate.A 90% some clogged filter will actually net you slightly better mpg's if driven normally but will slightly reduce power.