Upgraded intake manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Evans

Zrock
Reaction score
Whats up KJ forums.

I have an 03 liberty 3.7l and I was wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket intake manifold anywhere that fits. Im gonna do an aftermarket intake and a dyno tune soon so I was trying to get a little more airflow.

Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats up KJ forums.

I have an 03 liberty 3.7l and I was wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket intake manifold anywhere that fits. Im gonna do an aftermarket intake and a dyno tune soon so I was trying to get a little more airflow.

Thanks

No is the simple answer
aftermarket intake does nothing at all , stock air box with a real good paper filter flows as well or better than a CAI
most all tunes are about the same, if any increase at all it is minimum
To really get any extra you have to get custom ground cams etc

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No is the simple answer
aftermarket intake does nothing at all , stock air box with a real good paper filter flows as well or better than a CAI
most all tunes are about the same, if any increase at all it is minimum
To really get any extra you have to get custom ground cams etc
He said looking for intake "manifold", not air filter/intake/CAI lol, though you are very correct.
OP, the answer is also no, you will not be doing an intake manifold unless you're going to make one lol. No aftermarket support in that regard in the way of performance parts for the 3.7. Same pretty much goes for its big brother the 4.7.
Like Tom said, tuning gains will be minimal, I've already gone down that road. It does give it a little pep in the step, but you're not gonna realize huge gains out of it, especially if your tune is setup to still run regular (87 octane) fuel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
He said looking for intake "manifold", not air filter/intake/CAI lol, though you are very correct.
OP, the answer is also no, you will not be doing an intake manifold unless you're going to make one lol. No aftermarket support in that regard in the way of performance parts for the 3.7. Same pretty much goes for its big brother the 4.7.
Like Tom said, tuning gains will be minimal, I've already gone down that road. It does give it a little pep in the step, but you're not gonna realize huge gains out of it, especially if your tune is setup to still run regular (87 octane) fuel.

READ MY FIRST LINE PLEASE
MY VERY FIRST LINE STATES " NO IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER"
and then he mentions it again so went on to explain that NOTHING works
sorry I answered wrong ...............................................................................................................................

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
READ MY FIRST LINE PLEASE
MY VERY FIRST LINE STATES " NO IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER"
and then he mentions it again so went on to explain that NOTHING works
sorry I answered wrong ...............................................................................................................................
Bwahahahaha why are you so upset/triggered?

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha why are you so upset/triggered?

You must be registered for see images attach
Because some can not read, and think others have the wrong answers
after being on these forums for over 16 years, I knew what question or comment was coming next more than likely so went on and answered it before it was asked
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because some can not read, and think others have the wrong answers
after being on these forums for over 16 years, I knew what question or comment was coming next more than likely so went on and answered it before it was asked
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not always lol, and I've been here damn near as long

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 4.7 does have a HO intake manifold. The op could get one and 3d scan it and make a 6 cyl version....

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing that I would do is remove all the plastic that is sticking out from where the manifold was assembled, then I would port match it and call it a day. I did this on my 5.7 hemi that's on my ram and I picked up about 1 to 2 mpg.

Zach Evans

Zrock
Reaction score
First thing that I would do is remove all the plastic that is sticking out from where the manifold was assembled, then I would port match it and call it a day. I did this on my 5.7 hemi that's on my ram and I picked up about 1 to 2 mpg.
The 3.7 has an aluminum manifold.
The 4.7 does have a HO intake manifold. The op could get one and 3d scan it and make a 6 cyl version....
Helpful thanks