Unhappy with OME 90009 ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the OME 90009s in the front. Ride feels a bit mushy to me. I also have a pair of Bilstein B8 5100 (#24-282642) which I ordered just in case. It is my understanding these are a bit stiffer ride over the OMEs. I still have time to do exchanges and such, or just sell the pair I end up not using on eBay.

Before I swap them out I am curious of yinze opinions between the two.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Very little difference in the two really
I have installed more Bilstein than OMEs over the years but that was due to price differences many times that people wanted to save a few bucks
I have personally ran both , well even Ironman ) on the front of the 04 , and in overall driving experiences could tell little difference
How many miles have you driven it so far ?
I found that it seems to take the whole suspension several miles of different terrain to fully settle in and ride well
The Bilsteins are a bit stiffer ??
Never heard that or experienced that but then
your feel maybe different
I do know for a fact that Bilsteins ride as well or hold up under a CRD as well as OME does but again
it's all what your b,u,t,t is used to

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Very little difference in the two really
I have installed more Bilstein than OMEs over the years but that was due to price differences many times that people wanted to save a few bucks
I have personally ran both , well even Ironman ) on the front of the 04 , and in overall driving experiences could tell little difference
How many miles have you driven it so far ?
I found that it seems to take the whole suspension several miles of different terrain to fully settle in and ride well
The Bilsteins are a bit stiffer ??
Never heard that or experienced that but then
your feel maybe different
I do know for a fact that Bilsteins ride as well or hold up under a CRD as well as OME does but again
it's all what your b,u,t,t is used to
I’ve got about 200 miles plus or minus on OMEs right about now. To me they feel a little soft when cornering. By all reports I’ve read the Bilstiens are supposedly stiffer. Part of the issue is I’m used to VW solid front ends. Even the Nissans feel soft- or downright sloppy to me.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What reports ? Just curious
Im a moderator on 3 Facebook KJ sites plus on here and was for several years on LOST
and never read that , so like I said just curious
And OME 927s etc never get settled in till 750-1000 miles and then start riding good
or less if you take em out and twist them up good
But like you stated, you being used to a completely different suspension set up makes a difference
Hopefully you feel like it is better than stock LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
What reports ? Just curious
Im a moderator on 3 Facebook KJ sites plus on here and was for several years on LOST
and never read that , so like I said just curious
And OME 927s etc never get settled in till 750-1000 miles and then start riding good
or less if you take em out and twist them up good
But like you stated, you being used to a completely different suspension set up makes a difference
Hopefully you feel like it is better than stock LOL
Reports as in what is in the description for these bilstiens…LOL…”has a firmer ride”…
Ok so what I should do is wait and get some more mileage on them and quit being and OCD crazy person ROFL. Thanks for the advice and saving me some probably pointless extra work.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
firmer ride ,......than stock
OCD = making Others Crazy Daily
Thats what I used to tell one of my exwives :D

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
So in hind sight, I think I’ve figured out this weirdness and it is all VWs fault. Because of the virtually solid front end on the pre 70 front ends, they made the seats a bit mushy to dampen the shock to the ***. Then idiots like myself are like “I’m going Cal look.” Slam it to the deck, narrow the beam, pull the tubes, put tiny little tires on it and then Fweem around at freeway speeds…but never swap out the tiny
mushy little half seats full of 50!year old coconut L.ma.o

Latest posts

Members online