Undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apukareem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any recent posts on this topic, so thought I would throw it out there.

Living in NW PA, we normally get lots of snow which in turn leads to salt and rust.

I have been looking into getting my KJ undercoated, and wanted some opinions...is it worth while?
I don't really have the room at my house to do it myself, so I would have it done, and a local shop uses http://www.fluid-film.com/

Anyone ever used that before?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you already have corrosion it's pointless now as the corrosion will continue to spread.Best when brand new.If you just have some light surface rust clean very well and then have done.

My home state requires every new vehicle to be undercoated within 12 hours of being delievered to the dealership.My KJ is undercoated,worth it and shops back home charge like $120 to do it.

apukareem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it be safe to say, even if corrosion has started, it would still be a good idea to help prevent new corrosion?
Would it possibly slow the corrosion from spreading?