Uconnect vs new stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahobaja

Reaction score
New to the site so sorry if this has been discussed at length already. I just bought my wife a 2011 Liberty sport. I do not have the Uconnect module but have found one on Ebay for about the same price as a new stereo from Crutchfield. My question is this, is Uconnect worth getting or would it be better to invest in a new deck with the same capabilities? How much do I lose and what headaches do I get by making the switch? My wife isn't into big booming sound so I really am looking for the best way to gain ipod/iphone control and bluetooth/handsfree

Thanks,
Idahobaja

LKWJeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best bet is to buy off crutchfield. You will need a 300 piece to use the mygig hands free which doesn't come with the stereo.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having used both uconnect systems in my KJ and in my uncles 2012 t&c van I would go with the uconnect system than aftermarket. one it is plug in play and once installed it is easy to pair to your phone. I have a factory uconnect system that I pulled out of a 06 t&c van from the junk yard in my KJ and I love it