U.K Jeep KJ Cherokee (Liberty in USA) Foglamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickie

Reaction score
Hello to all.

I am in the U.K. and have just joined the site. (I hope I am posting in the correct place)?!

Can anyone advise the easiest way to remove a front fog light please? (2002 Cherokee (Liberty) 3.7. I have one that is very loose. I have looked through the 'trapdoor' but removal this way is not obvious, nor is it from the front.

For those who may be interested (opposite to what normally happens to Jeeps) I bought this KJ from an ex Le Man's race driver. It has been lowered by approximately 2 inches, fitted with adjustable Koni's, poly bushes fitted where appropriate. Runs on Bridgestone Dueller rubber. Engine has a remap. It handles brilliantly, corners completely flat and corrects well with the throttle. I have surprised a few, what is termed in the U.K., hot hatchbacks

Colour is black, powder coated black wheels, dark glass, so it looks pretty mean. 108 thousand miles, full history. Everthing works perfectly. All is well, except for that awful tailgate rattle. I am going to have the inner stays welded soon or end up in a nuthouse

I also own a 1999 Wrangler TJ 4.0. It has an Old Man Emu 2 inch lift & a lot of stainless bits & pieces. I have had three of these and they are bullet proof. They are appreciating in value in the U.K.. Mine has almost doubled in value in three years - I did buy it on the cheap side though.

Anyways, any help on the fog lamp removal would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just cover them with black wrapping instead? since removing them wont have any clearance benefit. Then, if you still want them just remove the the material and it's good to go :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the inside of the bumper from the back in the trap door there should be some screws that attach to the fog light black plastic holder. Once those are removed then you can pop out the whole unit by getting the sides of the black plastic out of the cutouts. Hope this helps.

Pickie

Reaction score
Thank you both

Hi Martin_Metal & CzarKJ.

I was looking to secure the foglamp as it is loose. I will try to release the screws as suggested - but I fear the whole thing will fall apart - so another job to do!

Thanks again.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
If you remove the fender liner, it will be obvious. Chances are good that the mounting tabs have broken off the light housing, so prepare to source a new one.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

Pickie

Reaction score
Thanks

A huge thank you to you all.

Chris - with the steering whell on the correct side!:happy107:

Pickie

Reaction score
Pics as requested

Hi,

A couple of pics of the lowered KJ as requested.

Attachments

• Cherokee1.jpg
    Cherokee1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Cherokee.jpg
    Cherokee.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13

Pickie

Reaction score
Lowered KJ in the U.K.

I wanna see pics of this Cherokee

Kj Cherokee, lowered 2 inches, race adjustable Koni's, uprated roll bars, poly bushes, engine remap. Bridgestone Dueller rubber.

Attachments

• Cherokee.JPG
    Cherokee.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Cherokee1.jpg
    Cherokee1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: