Three years ago I bought a 2006 CRD, and it ran flawlessly. I loved it. Then the computer (I think) went haywire. When I would drive it, randomly the tach would drop to zero, the speedo would peg out and the air conditioner would turn off. After a minute or two, the dash would ding and the gauges would return to normal. (Occasionally the tach would stay at zero) I wouldn't lose power, so I didn't worry too much about it. My local mechanic couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Last winter, I tagged a big buck at 60 MPH, which caused mostly body damage and my insurance company deemed it totaled. I was able to buy the salvage back from them for a good cost, so I figured it was a good deal. I took the insurance money, and bought an identical (except for no sunroof/power seats) Liberty. The new liberty ran fine for a couple of weeks, but then the turbo started having problems. My mechanic tried multiple things to get proper boost, but to no avail. It still drove, and he told me it would be OK to drive it like that. Apparently not. A couple of weeks ago, as I was pulling out of my driveway there was a loud pop and what sounded like a belt slapping something and I lost all power. I was able to coast into my neighbors driveway safely. An inspection by a different mechanic confirmed what I feared, that I had blown a head gasket as when I added coolant it drained directly into the oil. The engine cranks, but will not turn over. Spraying ether into the airbox while attempting to start it didn't get the engine to turn over either. I got a quote for the head gasket at $2300. My fear is that they will replace the head gasket, but I will still be having problems with the turbo. I could also pull the front quarter panels and bumpers off the blown jeep, and put them on the totaled one, but I fear that the computer issues might still be a problem. Am I better off just trying to sell both Jeeps as mechanics specials, or might it be worth it to get one running Jeep out of the two dead ones? I have another daily driver so I am not in immediate need of getting one of them running, but it is frustrating to say the least. If I did decide to sell them, is there any idea of a ballpark value?