Two annoying things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Last night when it was home time, started the Jeep allowed to idle around 10 secs as I fastened my belt selected D and drove the 10 yards to the exit of our carpark the Jeep then stalled as it she were a manual. In fact an automatic I was a bit worried. Anyone have this happen to them? So far the odo read 45 miles only.
2. Today I was out with my daughter on a coastline drive, after about 40 mins I could smell raw diesel i assumed it was from another vehicle and i had driven through a small puddle and it splashed the inner wing. however it was so strong I decided to go into the dealer on the way home as I could see drip mark on the wet tarmac where I parked to pop the hood and have a sniff (so to speak).
fortunaltely they were still working and traced it to the return fuel line that had come loose and was squirting fuel out. It was tightened and steam cleaned but there is still some residue as it smells a bit still but no fresh leaks.

Anyone have any opinions on these or have had similar?

Regards
Derek