Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Clay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read about it at few places, they say it is good for removing stuff off the paing like sap and road grime.
What do you think? I wouldn't have the patience to work with regular claybar I would end up damaging paint.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all of us pros like you..

Although, it says "Call our professionals if you have questions or for personalize prescription" on the back of tha meguiares packaging..!! I am just scared you will pick up the phone!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all of us pros like you..

Although, it says "Call our professionals if you have questions or for personalize prescription" on the back of tha meguiares packaging..!! I am just scared you will pick up the phone!

"hello.....this is the Meguires help line....jeepster speaking.......how may I help you"...........

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I've been extremely impressed with the ICE (not the immigration department lol) line of products. I use the detailer spray every time I wash the Jeep. It leaves a very nice shine with minimal extra effort. I can't vouch for the clay though. Why is it different supposedly from any other clay bar and why would a liquid form be better?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The liquid clay bar does not work. Thats coming from someone that knows, not someone that likes another brand of car detailing supplies...

Its basically a paint cleaner.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooops. Thanks. Case closed.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
:) no problem, I just thought it would be easier than the real clay.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real clay really isnt that hard to use. The Meguiars kit, even though its kinda $$, comes with everything you need. I usually only do the tops of everything. The hood, tops of the fenders, tops of the front bumper, and even the roof if it needs it though its kinda a waste of time since you cannot see it.

You just spray the Quik Detailer on the paint then kneed the bar into a round disk. Place the bar on you fingers, not your tips. This will place even pressure over the bar and not just at the tips of your fingers.

You must use ALOT of quik detailer, anytime you feel the bar stick, it will leave behind alittle residue which should come off when you wipe the extra Quik Detailer off with the micro Fiber towel..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see. Then follow up with cleaner wax? (that dark red container)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. Then follow up with cleaner wax? (that dark red container)

yup, that would work out great. The Meguiars Smooth surface clay kit comes with a small bottle of that stuff. It should be enough to do the entire Jeep if you do not use to much.

Remember, anything that comes off of the paint when you remove the wax's haze is wax that didnt bond to the paint. So in this case, more is NOT better. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, today I saw a package at local "discount" store where they sell all rotten products, and old dusty parts and supplies.. A huge box with 6 meguires stuff in it, labeled "chrismas season cleanup kid" or "winter christmas something kit (?)" that was on sale for $16.99.. maybe I should have grabbed it. Only thing missing was the claybar.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the clay tends to be the expensive part of it. you need a nice piece of clay, or it doesnt work. the other solution is basically a lubricant, like windex. the clay is what "grabs" the little pieces of filth. the final coat is just another wax solution. the nice thing about the meguirs kit is that is usually comes with white clay (nice to see what you are picking up) and you get two pieces so you can toss one out after it is ruined. most suppliers give you one chunk that you constantly have to knead or you will end up scraping your paint with your own filth...now thats stupid isnt it :)

Latest posts

Members online