turn signal broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys
I hope somebody can help me here, my right signal on the front won't work and it blinks real fast, the parking light works just fine including the fron right one is just the turn signal, I changed the bulb and nothing, I checked for burned fuses and nothing, I can't thing of anything else......what do yall think?

thankx in advance ppl!!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know my neighbor had the same issue with there Expedition.....can't remember what it was....:eek:

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Tony said, the RR bulb could be out. Also, the RF bulb could be incorrect.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically when the blinker flashes really fast, that is an indication that you've got a burned out bulb. If you've changed both the front and rear bulbs and still get nothing, than it might be time to looked for shorted out wires or broken wire.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what sleeve said, I'm pretty sure Chrysler vehicles are designed to blink fast when a bulb is burnt. I'd check them all first...

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked every bulb and fuse , there's no relay for that and everythin is fine, like I said it works fine with the lights as a parking like but when I click the signal on it just stays lit and it will blink real fast in the dash, I even checked the the reverse lights

could it be the switch itself?

Last edited:

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the flasher under the dash/near fuse box?

no, i dunno what u talking about, is it a bulb? under the dash lower left side right?

let me look into it, i just finished putting on the D-rings on the front:D

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He means the thing you hear clicking under the dash when you have turnsignal on. It's like a little box.

Just a thought: do you have a rear hitch? Check the connector for water or mud or corrosion around the wires.

no. no rear hitch......yet
I'm gonna look into that little box when I get home and if not ill probably buy the switch, I just wanna make sure first

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
no. no rear hitch......yet
I'm gonna look into that little box when I get home and if not ill probably buy the switch, I just wanna make sure first

Like Tony said....that clicking noise when signaling is the flasher unit. Turn on the signal light and listen for the sound of the flasher and home in on it under the dash, once you grab it and feel it clicking in your hand you know you have the right one, as there is also a separate flasher for the 4 ways too. Go to your neighborhood auto parts store and get a replacement, and your done. :D

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blinker fluid low? :p:cool::D

I'm sorry, that was not really helpful, but could not resist...

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked every bulb and fuse , there's no relay for that and everythin is fine, like I said it works fine with the lights as a parking like but when I click the signal on it just stays lit and it will blink real fast in the dash, I even checked the the reverse lights

could it be the switch itself?

Parking light doesn't matter, it's a dual filament bulb.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that box clicking but it sounds to me that comes from behind the radio...how the heck do I get to it?

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF!!! so I have to replace the flasher and the hazzard light thing too???

does anybody know how to remove that front panel?

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess what? now the rear left is doing the same darn thing o man I'm pissed.... :( I found the hazzard light switch at my local autoparts I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow and take pics to try to make a writw up for the "how to" section