Turbocharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjoy

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or seen a turbocharger on a liberty? If so where would be a good place to buy one? :-k

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
there was talk of a supercharger back then by Kenne Bell, but lack of interest, they put it in the back burner. now tho, the 3.7L engine is appearing in more DCX vehicles, so they just might bring it back out

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
super.jpg

\:D/

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Nope, thats a turbo charger... kenne bell is super charger

This is kennebell's http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/liberty37/libert37.htm
You must be registered for see images

Actually, I though that was a supercharger also since it was belt drive. Just a centrifugal supercharger vs a roots supercharger.

I though the difference was turbos where run off exhaust flow and superchargers where belt driven.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Nope, thats a turbo charger... kenne bell is super charger

Thats not a turbo, thats a centrifugal supercharger. Turbos are drivin by the exhaust gases of the motor. Centrifugal supercharger are drivin by a belt or gear drive and do not produce as much "instant" tourqe as a roots style.

The supercharger in the first pic looks like a Vortech or a Procharger to me.......it was prolly built as a one off ,by getting a head unit separetly and pieceing the rest of the stuff together or a prototype.

Members online

No members online now.