Tuff Country 42045 2" Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experiences with this lift kit? It's only 2 inches but it's a good start for me...just looking to see if installation is hard and if it is actually worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks almost identical to rough country doorstop, i mean lift.

skip it. All those budget lifts go a slightly different way of doing the same nothing.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a spacer lift. Stay clear from it. I know it's tempting to get caught up in a spacer lift but there is a reason they are cheap. You will not enjoy the ride at all. Everything is already sagging so you are just going to make things worse and if your shocks don't already need replaced it will speed up the need for them. In the end you will end up having to replace springs/shocks anyway.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somehow i managed to get a deal on amazon where they were $21.16 each set. they shipped and sold by amazon so i figured they could be genuine, and for 42 bucks total i figured why not? if their not genuine ill just return them. with what you guys are saying, if they are genuine maybe ill just sell them for hella profit. either way i dont take much of a hit from them

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kit would you recommend for a 2.5-3 inch lift?

I would recommend going either OME or Ironman. You could piece something together for around $700-$800

Something like these:

KJ Ironman 1.5" spring lift kit HD - Econo Lift Kits for the KJ - Liberty 2002-2007 (KJ)

or this

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ

They will have you sitting over the 1.5" shown and you can toss in some top plates/clevis spacer etc to get it up even more.

Or if you wanted to throw a bit more money in to it there is also the Tommudd Eocono lift with A-arms and everything combined.

Those would be the way to go if you are on a budget as opposed to a spacer lift.
You could piece them together yourself instead of buying it all at once as a kit as well. get 2 shocks here. 2 there, springs another time and so forth to spread the cost out. Not sure if money is an issue or not.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend going either OME or Ironman. You could piece something together for around $700-$800

Something like these:

KJ Ironman 1.5" spring lift kit HD - Econo Lift Kits for the KJ - Liberty 2002-2007 (KJ)

or this

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ

They will have you sitting over the 1.5" shown and you can toss in some top plates/clevis spacer etc to get it up even more.

Or if you wanted to throw a bit more money in to it there is also the Tommudd Eocono lift with A-arms and everything combined.

Those would be the way to go if you are on a budget as opposed to a spacer lift.
You could piece them together yourself instead of buying it all at once as a kit as well. get 2 shocks here. 2 there, springs another time and so forth to spread the cost out. Not sure if money is an issue or not.

compared to stock (2003 Limited) how much different would you say a 1.5inch would look, and how big of tires could i actually fit on it?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compared to stock (2003 Limited) how much different would you say a 1.5inch would look, and how big of tires could i actually fit on it?

You will not want to go above 245/75/16. Anything above that you will want to regear regardless of lift height. As far as the exact amount of lift you would be looking at with those 2 lifts I am not 100% certain. I would say with those lifts plus if you toss in some top plates and clevis spacer you'd be close to 2.5" - 3" from stock.

You will probably see more lift if you are sagged below the factoy 19" from hub to fender. So if you are sitting at 18" and it bumps you up to 22" you just got a good 4" of lift from how it is now but it's would be 3" above the factory height.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not want to go above 245/75/16. Anything above that you will want to regear regardless of lift height. As far as the exact amount of lift you would be looking at with those 2 lifts I am not 100% certain. I would say with those lifts plus if you toss in some top plates and clevis spacer you'd be close to 2.5" - 3" from stock.

You will probably see more lift if you are sagged below the factoy 19" from hub to fender. So if you are sitting at 18" and it bumps you up to 22" you just got a good 4" of lift from how it is now but it's would be 3" above the factory height.

Should I measure from the center of the hub to the fender or the edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also take the time to read through the vast number of threads in the Lift section. Tons of information in there.:Rock on: